Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orangeville Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Fences down
2. Crew tidying up site
3. Many of the pedestals open for some "final wiring"
4. "The boss's" Model S at a pedestal - to do some testing(?)
Soon folks
I'm not sure what you mean by "the boss," but if that was a Tesla tech (and it does sound like it), it's probably an active supercharger by now. Small chance he didn't finish up all his work and will finish it tomorrow. Or, if something really went wrong (does seem to be happening more frequently with V3s, but still this is probably only in the 10-20% range), there might be a delay of days or even weeks.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the boss," but if that was a Tesla tech (and it does sound like it), it's probably an active supercharger by now. Small chance he didn't finish up all his work and will finish it tomorrow. Or, if something really went wrong (does seem to be happening more frequently with V3s, but still this is probably only in the 10-20% range), there might be a delay of days or even weeks.
No, it was Chris H. from Tesla. He runs the SC team in Canada. I've met him, and he's spoken at the TOCO meetings. I was using the term that the tech said. I asked if it was Chris, and the tech was shocked that I knew who he was.......

On Twitter, another Tesla owner was there just before me, and ESA (electric inspector) was on-site. That's really good news.

In any case the Tesla tech confirmed that it would be energized and opened to the public in a couple of days.

PS: It could be live now....I don't know. I'm going to be by there this weekend and I'll check. If it is, there are 2 or 3 others who are also dropping by every few days too, and they may get the elusive "First to Charge" ribbon.

Last edited:
Just went this morning. The fence is down, added it to plugshare, but didn't try and charge. Looks like they still got some cleaning up to do and maybe some paving.

689950.jpg

Really nice photo ! I'm afraid I could not have resisted trying to plug in if I were there.
If the fences are gone and there are no obstructions or signs, looks like fair game to me.
Guess that makes me an instant gratification person. I am good with that !!! 😁
didn't want to explode or something =). It may have been booby trapped. But ya, I didn't want to mess around especially if someone was still working on it.