Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Orlando, FL - N Alafaya Trail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The site is being cleaned up, judging by what captdude said on Supercharger Updates, though I don’t have a reason to believe it was vandalized, or was it?
B5A22EEE-4319-4F1E-B671-4CBE82391873.jpeg

Carnival, Santas Village, is now gone...
Final electrical work complete...
Looks like it just needs a ribbon cutting :)
Thanks for the excellent photos.
Yes, it looks like Tesla's contractor has completed their work and it's almost operational. However, it lacks a meter.

Notice in your photo that Tesla's contractor has installed the meter cabinet, but the utility hasn't yet plugged the meter into the meter cabinet. Installing the meter of course is a very minor task, but it is prerequisite before this Supercharger Station will become operational.

Union Park Supercharger almost operational.png

Sorry, I missed Bruce's posting #21 which said the same thing.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: GaryW and NoirMS
The site is being cleaned up, judging by what captdude said on Supercharger Updates, though I don’t have a reason to believe it was vandalized, or was it?View attachment 371753
I
Thanks for the excellent photos.
Yes, it looks like Tesla's contractor has completed their work and it's almost operational. However, it lacks a meter.

Notice in your photo that Tesla's contractor has installed the meter cabinet, but the utility hasn't yet plugged the meter into the meter cabinet. Installing the meter of course is a very minor task, but it is prerequisite before this Supercharger Station will become operational.

View attachment 372013

Sorry, I missed Bruce's posting #21 which said the same thing.

Larry
Swinging by that area tomorrow... I'll check out the meter closer and grab some pics if there are any updates completed... also, does Tesla post when a new charge site goes live/operational...and if so, where?
I'm also curious to see how fast the app recognizes the charging location once live...as of just now, 13 miles away is closest...this will be much closer
Screenshot_20190126-161331_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
I

Swinging by that area tomorrow... I'll check out the meter closer and grab some pics if there are any updates completed... also, does Tesla post when a new charge site goes live/operational...and if so, where?
I'm also curious to see how fast the app recognizes the charging location once live...as of just now, 13 miles away is closest...this will be much closer
View attachment 372059

I believe it will show up in your car. I didn’t see it yesterday when I visited Altamonte Springs.

Operational, and a little pricier now.
Hi

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information.

Tesla seem to be all over the place when it comes to posting the rates for Supercharging. Initially it was $.22 per kWh. Then it was raised to $.31 per kWh. Then it lowered the rate to $.28 per kWh after people complained, and as of today that remains the official posted rate on their website. So the $. 26 per kWh that was initially displayed on your navigation system apparently was in error since it is no longer being posted on the nav display.

By the way, if you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature, and then click on the "Join Us" link.

Larry