Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Paducah, Kentucky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Memphis supercharger thread, Erlytsla posted the following:

I'm from nearby madisonville and have a house in grand rivers. I've been told that a kutawa location has been chosen. Someone I know who knows the owner of a kutawa hotel has indicated that his acquaintance's location was chosen over a Paducah location for a supercharger. I hope it works out as well for you as it does for me.

You can search Kentucky building permits here. Although there's nothing at a hotel yet, permits were issued September 29th and today for Commercial / Other category at Huck's Travel Center / Pilot Truck Center at 2299 east highway 62 (though that wouldn't agree with Erlytsla's tip).

Reactions: jvonbokel
Found it, -at the Hampton Inn at the US 62 exit in Kuttawa

Btw, first post here. I have the Tesla fever, lol.

Pictures to come later. Grading done, chargers in boxes still.

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_3139.JPG
    IMG_3139.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for the update Joe, and welcome to the Tesla family.

I ICE'D the Atlanta -Kansas City trip in October, and spent the night in Kuttawa on my return. The desk clerk was aware of plans for a S C behind the hotel, and I have been watching the Supercharge.info site almost daily ever since. Your picture leaves no doubt about this being the location for that long overdue "missing link" between Nashville and St. Louis.

There are concrete islands with conduit sticking up a few feet.

Sorry for the bad phone pix. I hoped to make it over before dark but spent too much time shopping in Paducah.

And, lastly thanks to site owners/administrators who allow lurkers to look at pics without registering. Been around awhile but only registered so I could send pics if I found the site.

Attachments

• IMG_3137.JPG
    IMG_3137.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 186

Sorry for the bad phone pix. I hoped to make it over before dark but spent too much time shopping in Paducah.

And, lastly thanks to site owners/administrators who allow lurkers to look at pics without registering. Been around awhile but only registered so I could send pics if I found the site.

Thanks for the pics. I sent it to supercharge.com and it's now on the site. Someone might want to change the name of the thread. Thanks

Reactions: Chuq

Do not be concerned about the quality of the pictures. The information is very welcome.

Kuttawa, KY

Interstates: I-24, I-69
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-62, US-641

I-24:
To: End (I-75 Chattanooga, TN): 239 miles
Diversion: -0.1 miles! (Rounding issue, obviously)
To: Nashville, TN (I-24, I-65): 119 miles
To: Chattanooga, TN (I-24, I-75, TN-153): 245 miles
To: Knoxville, TN (I-24, I-40): 268 miles

I-69
From: Victoria, TX (US-59, I-69*, US-59, US-259, TX--315, US-59, I-30, I-40, I-55, I-155, I-69*) - 898 miles*
To: Indianapolis, IN (I-69, IN-37**) - 261 miles
Diversion: 17 miles*
From: Memphis, TN (I-40, TN-54, US-412, I-69, US-51, Purchase Pkwy, I-69) - 203 miles
From: Texarkana, TX (I-30, I-40, I-55, I-155, I-69, US-51, Purchase Pkwy, I-69) - 482 miles
From: Jackson, TN (US-45E, US-45, US-51, Purchase Pkwy, I-69) - 133 miles
To: Louisville, KY (I-69, Western KY Pkwy, I-65) - 182 miles
To: Bowling Green, KY (I-69, US-62, US-231) - 118 miles
To: Terre Haute, IN (I-69, US-41, US-150, I-70) - 205 miles
To: Lexington, KY (I-69, Western KY Pkwy, Bluegrass Pkwy, US-60, KY-4) - 231 miles
First Supercharger on US-641

* I-69 is currently under construction. It will eventually go from 3 branches (I-69W, I-69C, I-69E) on the Mexican border in Texas that meet near Victoria, TX, to the Canadian border at Port Huron, MI.
** IN-37 is being upgraded to I-69.

Kuttawa, KY

Interstates: I-24, I-69
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi): US-62, US-641

I-24:
To: End (I-75 Chattanooga, TN): 239 miles
Diversion: -0.1 miles! (Rounding issue, obviously)
To: Nashville, TN (I-24, I-65): 119 miles
To: Chattanooga, TN (I-24, I-75, TN-153): 245 miles
To: Knoxville, TN (I-24, I-40): 268 miles

I-69
From: Victoria, TX (US-59, I-69*, US-59, US-259, TX--315, US-59, I-30, I-40, I-55, I-155, I-69*) - 898 miles*
To: Indianapolis, IN (I-69, IN-37**) - 261 miles
Diversion: 17 miles*
From: Memphis, TN (I-40, TN-54, US-412, I-69, US-51, Purchase Pkwy, I-69) - 203 miles
From: Texarkana, TX (I-30, I-40, I-55, I-155, I-69, US-51, Purchase Pkwy, I-69) - 482 miles
From: Jackson, TN (US-45E, US-45, US-51, Purchase Pkwy, I-69) - 133 miles
To: Louisville, KY (I-69, Western KY Pkwy, I-65) - 182 miles
To: Bowling Green, KY (I-69, US-62, US-231) - 118 miles
To: Terre Haute, IN (I-69, US-41, US-150, I-70) - 205 miles
To: Lexington, KY (I-69, Western KY Pkwy, Bluegrass Pkwy, US-60, KY-4) - 231 miles
First Supercharger on US-641

* I-69 is currently under construction. It will eventually go from 3 branches (I-69W, I-69C, I-69E) on the Mexican border in Texas that meet near Victoria, TX, to the Canadian border at Port Huron, MI.
** IN-37 is being upgraded to I-69.

NOTE - If you travel on I-69 between Evansville, IN and Bloomington. IN. There are numerous bridges where the pavement on either side of the bridge is lower than the bridge. Some of them have warning signs saying BUMP.and advising reducing speed. This condition exists despite the relative newness of the road and applies both northbound and southbound. The state has failed to force the contractors to repair this. Be alert and have a safe journey.

ALSO: IN 37 from Bloomington, IN to Indianapolis is four lane limited access highway. But due to the current (Jan 2017) construction upgrade to Interstate spec there are several long stretches that are single lane both north and south bound from Bloomie to Martinsville and frequent congestion during daylight hours with slow or stopped traffic at rush hours.

Construction that stopped in November due to workers not getting paid has resumed. Construction completion is scheduled for Nov 17.

The good news is that where Indiana 37 intersects with I-465 is only three exits west of Emerson Ave, the exit you would use to get to the Super Charger location at the La Quinta Inn parking lot.

Aargh, My most recent trip to Florida used the Miner to Matthews Nissan to Nashville Bridge going and used the Lexington to Louisville to Indy bridge on the way back (Nervous Riders wanted a bit more range security and creature comforts than I normally travel with). I had a feeling Kuttawa was coming. Oh Well it will be there for my next trip... Now just when can I get away again, and can I time it for when the SC opens...

It looks complete. The concrete looked wet. I could not test it because I was in an antiquated vehicle. Isn't the image beautiful! 8 Superchargers 30 miles south of Paducah. Someone needs to test it with a Tesla.

Attachments

• IMG_4405.JPG
    IMG_4405.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: jvonbokel
It looks complete. The concrete looked wet. I could not test it because I was in an antiquated vehicle. Isn't the image beautiful! 8 Superchargers 30 miles south of Paducah. Someone needs to test it with a Tesla.
I am so excited about this Location! It enables me to use my tesla for KY Lake visits from Evansville that I do every week. I am really looking forward to the fuel savings and letting autopilot do most of the driving.