Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger payments for multiple divers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see. Is there a way to make a separate account for the second car?
Um. So, when we bought the M3 back in 2018, that was my SO's daily driver, to make up for all those years of driving minivans. Her name on the registration, her name on the account, and, when using the app, has to be her login in order to do a fair number of the things that one might want to do with the car.

In 2021, we bought a MY. Perhaps not thinking straight, put it in my name, registration and all. And the account for that car is in my name. And that includes the picky little place where one puts the credit card. Which is the same credit card used for the M3 account.

Now the fun part: The SO is driving the MY, I'm driving the M3. Um. Switching account owners is Not That Simple and, from what I've been able to figure, the cars can be transferred by Tesla to a new account only when the registration and all is in the name of the account owner. Which would mean, I guess, trooping down to the local DMV, paying fees, changing the registration, changing the titles, and all that jazz. Nope.

In 20-20 hindsight, both cars should have been registered with joint ownership and the titles and registrations would be joint; and we'd have One Account with two cars in it over at Tesla.

As it is, I have to log onto my account to subscribe to Premium Connectivity and/or EAP for the MY and back onto my account to handle the FSD-b stuff on the M3. Whee.