Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Quispamsis, NB

What should we call this...

• Saint John

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Quispamsis

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Kennebecasis Valley

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quispam vs Lorneville is a bigger deal for us. We regularly do a run from Fredericton down to St. Stephen then across to Saint John before continuing up to Sussex and back to Fredericton. Without crossing the border to Baileyville, we'll still need a Chademo stop to make it to Saint John. If Lorneville were chosen we'd make it there if we were careful and the rest of the trip would be uneventful. As we have cases of alcohol on board when we travel, the crossing to Baileyville will be problematic. Still thrilled with somewhere down south, just wish it were Lorneville. Of course, I wouldn't say no to a 4 station SC at St. Stephen or St. Andrews, but Miramichi and Bathurst are much more important.
There's a Chademo in St. Stephen at the Garcelon Civic Centre. The Five Kings Restaurant is right there as well, and it has excellent food.

8 stall, with no trailer stall.

IMG_20190523_185036.jpg
IMG_20190523_185101.jpg
IMG_20190523_185143.jpg
IMG_20190523_185155.jpg
IMG_20190523_185159.jpg

Well, Salisbury is waiting on Tesla gear to show up. If that stays the case it might be a while. Or, they might ship it here along with Salisbury and Woodstock. That said, with three soon to be needing commissioning, I’d not be surprise if all three get finished before they send the guy down from Montréal so he can do them 1-2-3. Just thinking out loud..

When I asked at Salisbury and they told me about the equipment delay, they told me the plan is to have all the hardware for both Salisbury and Woodstock show up in June together, then they'd come together really quickly as all the hard work is already done on both of them. I had suggested August for both of them, and the response was that no way it would take that long.
Now that it looks like Quispamsis is ahead of Woodstock on construction, and Salisbury was really fast to "ready for hardware" stage from the way it looks at Quispam right now, it seems like they'll have all of them done as nicely as Salisbury before the hardware arrives. So if it takes a week to wire one up, and the hardware is say mid June, best guess would be to have the tech down early July to light up all three (and then maybe Baileyville and Medway??)

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
When I asked at Salisbury and they told me about the equipment delay, they told me the plan is to have all the hardware for both Salisbury and Woodstock show up in June together, then they'd come together really quickly as all the hard work is already done on both of them. I had suggested August for both of them, and the response was that no way it would take that long.
Now that it looks like Quispamsis is ahead of Woodstock on construction, and Salisbury was really fast to "ready for hardware" stage from the way it looks at Quispam right now, it seems like they'll have all of them done as nicely as Salisbury before the hardware arrives. So if it takes a week to wire one up, and the hardware is say mid June, best guess would be to have the tech down early July to light up all three (and then maybe Baileyville and Medway??)
If they don’t have the hardware for those two, I wonder if they have it for Enfield, or if that’s in transit as well.

That makes the second location that we've seen this new hardware. Henrietta, TX was the first a few weeks ago (see this post in the Supercharger - Wichita Falls, TX thread).

Not sure what the difference is between 2 and 3, but the 4 step-down transformers are only rated for ~150kW each, so certainly not V3 capable. I should have cut the package and read the name-plate on the side of the cabinets.

Not sure what the difference is between 2 and 3, but the 4 step-down transformers are only rated for ~150kW each, so certainly not V3 capable. I should have cut the package and read the name-plate on the side of the cabinets.
My current guesses are that the V2.5 improvements over V2 are either things that only Tesla would see/know about--e.g. design changes to make repair/maintenance easier, less costly, or less frequent--OR it might be things that would improve their performance at the new 150 kW charging limit--e.g. putting back in some of the margin that was lost when Tesla upped the power that was being put out. But we shall see.

No need to interfere with the site/hardware, we'll get pics of the nameplates soon enough once the fences come down or construction is done. There's no rush. Especially since people can't use them yet.

My current guesses are that the V2.5 improvements over V2 are either things that only Tesla would see/know about--e.g. design changes to make repair/maintenance easier, less costly, or less frequent--OR it might be things that would improve their performance at the new 150 kW charging limit--e.g. putting back in some of the margin that was lost when Tesla upped the power that was being put out. But we shall see.

No need to interfere with the site/hardware, we'll get pics of the nameplates soon enough once the fences come down or construction is done. There's no rush. Especially since people can't use them yet.
But the labels also say 135 [kw].

Also @Tz00, would that Tesla in the back happen to be yours or was there someone else checking out the site?