Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA - Foothill Blvd. (LIVE 22 Sep 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverSp33d3r

No Longer Silver
May 23, 2018
LA
Moderator note: The first few posts in this thread were originally moved from this thread about the original Rancho Cucamonga, CA Supercharger:

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

Looks like this supercharger will be getting a little help or tesla is planning a new site in RC.

C4CD1A89-C2B9-410A-8592-18802B52C030.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
While I’m all for a new supercharger I highly doubt there’s gonna be another target built there. There’s no room near Victoria gardens and the closest spot I can think is down west on foothill but then there’s already a target there. And the Fontana supercharger at another target is like 10 mins away. Just doesn’t make sense.

While I’m all for a new supercharger I highly doubt there’s gonna be another target built there. There’s no room near Victoria gardens and the closest spot I can think is down west on foothill but then there’s already a target there. And the Fontana supercharger at another target is like 10 mins away. Just doesn’t make sense.
What does Target have to do with it? I know a few Targets have allowed superchargers, but Tesla builds them in all sorts of locations.

I like the new supercharger icon with the numbers. Lately whenever I go out/back to home, I check to see how many are available there. It seems to always show 3 or 4.

3 or 4 really means 1 to 0. There will always be a couple of stalls that are exceedingly slow or will just disconnect after a min or so and 1-2 cars switching stalls.

Hopefully VG will either get an upgrade or get another charging station. I drive to VG almost weekly but I have kept my word to not charge there anymore since my July 2020 7 kW charge session.

Supercharger - Rancho Cucamonga, CA (12 V2 stalls)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Bueno
Interesting choice. That plaza is kind of hard to get to as you have to make an U turn on Etiwanda if you come from 210. I go there a lot for China Republic and Noods Bar. The good thing is that the plaza has many restaurants, and I have been to almost all of them.
Easier than going to VC. But 8 stall will get packed fast. I’ll be better if they move down one exit and put it at Ontario Mills. Plenty of places there.

A few miles down Eastvale confirmed they will get SC too

So I was there the other day to get a coffee at Combine Kitchen and looked around the parking lot to see where the transformer is. It's right in front of Noods and the former Tilted Kilt. Thinking the chargers would be there unless they run them further back. The parking lot is not that big.

This will certainly boost business for the faster restaurants there like Combine, that chicken place and the still in construction bakery market.
Lots of food choices but still even those 3 may not be fast enough before you're done charging.

The u turn at Etiwanda Ave is annoying no matter what direction you get off the freeway from.

IMG_20210311_143001.jpg

Reactions: Need and mociaf9
That's where they are putting the chargers?? That's prime parking for that lot. It was always full before covid. I thought they would put them in one of the middle rows or further back as the little shops in the back kept changing owners.

The Supercharger installation will include its own transformer, which is usually one of the last things installed. It may or may not end up near any existing transformers, so the location of the transformer that's already there doesn't tell us much. The new transformer is likely to be installed close to existing utility lines, as is the existing transformer, but since it's possible for the charger cabinets to be located some distance from the transformer at the cost of more wire, even that is only a small hint to where they will go in. Tesla has generally been pretty good about picking less-congested parts of host lots to put in Superchargers.

The Supercharger installation will include its own transformer, which is usually one of the last things installed. It may or may not end up near any existing transformers, so the location of the transformer that's already there doesn't tell us much. The new transformer is likely to be installed close to existing utility lines, as is the existing transformer, but since it's possible for the charger cabinets to be located some distance from the transformer at the cost of more wire, even that is only a small hint to where they will go in. Tesla has generally been pretty good about picking less-congested parts of host lots to put in Superchargers.

I made a mistake. I thought that was the first parking row, but it was the 2nd row. It is probably okay even though it is the 3rd most full row in that parking lot. If they could move back to row 4, no body parks there during the day.

As I posted into the Cucamonga SuC (Victoria Gardens) thread, I spoke with a person that works on EV infrastructure and other sustainability issues in the City Managers office. She knew there is discussion of a second Tesla location nearby VG but the city is not involved with it.

I suspect there is no city involvement to *bring* a second Tesla SuC, but when it does go to planning or permitting, the city will be de facto involved.