Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Redding, CA - Hilltop Dr. (LIVE 15 Nov 2023, 44 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't understand what is going on with this. Yes this location was part of the Tesla leak but Marco did come up with a permit that has been submitted for this location. Why shouldn't it be given a permit pin?
Well it will eventually when Tesla decides to 'announce' the location officially. There are many sites out there that have active permits that don't have a pin. (As we just found out with the leak)

I don't understand what is going on with this. Yes this location was part of the Tesla leak but Marco did come up with a permit that has been submitted for this location. Why shouldn't it be given a permit pin?
Considering that a permit has only been applied for and the status is still pending seems like a good idea not to start a new topic. I can see once a permit has actually been issued then maybe a new topic to track it might be reasonable. There was another permit that had been applied for for the Churn Creek marketplace but that permit application expired and is now listed as void which could also happen with the Hilltop location

Should this permitted location be noted on the supercharger info map?
In addition to the fact that it has not yet been officially approved (which is probably a fair reason for it not to show up yet on supercharge.info), Tesla has been applying for new site permits at an incredible rate these days. It can take time to get through the site additions sometimes.

Last edited:
This particular site was NOT on the leaked list. Only 2 were. Mike. posted awhile back this was going to be a location. It's speculation on why Tesla hasn't added it to the screen yet. I did however have some asshat in a Pickup ask me if he could park in the spot while I was doing a YouTube thing. Umm noooooo, you really should park where it's not going to burden EVs.

Attachments

• FeZqHfVVQAQdsVG.jpg
    FeZqHfVVQAQdsVG.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 426
Well it will eventually when Tesla decides to 'announce' the location officially. There are many sites out there that have active permits that don't have a pin. (As we just found out with the leak)
As far as I know, Tesla announcing something has never been a requirement for placing a pin on supercharge.info. Many a supercharger has gone clear to open without Tesla announcing anything. Maybe the permit pin does have to wait till the permit is actually approved but I didn't think that was the case either.

Reactions: jsight
As far as I know, Tesla announcing something has never been a requirement for placing a pin on supercharge.info. Many a supercharger has gone clear to open without Tesla announcing anything. Maybe the permit pin does have to wait till the permit is actually approved but I didn't think that was the case either.
I don't think REU would have energized the system without an approved permit. I have been wrong before though :)

I wonder if hey'll be able to use the currently unused/lightly used portion of the lot?

Anyway the hotel has a restaurant, there's a place across the road called the Hilltop Diner* and there's at least one more restaurant within walking distance. So seemingly better for lunchtime or dinnertime stops than the current Redding Supercharger.

* Google Street View shows an example of how pedestrian unfriendly access resulted in a desire path, and that that desire path was seemingly later paved with some small slabs.

I wonder if hey'll be able to use the currently unused/lightly used portion of the lot?

Anyway the hotel has a restaurant, there's a place across the road called the Hilltop Diner* and there's at least one more restaurant within walking distance. So seemingly better for lunchtime or dinnertime stops than the current Redding Supercharger.

* Google Street View shows an example of how pedestrian unfriendly access resulted in a desire path, and that that desire path was seemingly later paved with some small slabs.
Yea, not sure how this is way worse lol I'd actually stop here to use this one, seems like an improvement in location and capacity.

Drove through there the other day. Holiday Inn has a fairly large "overflow" parking area for their Convention Center. I'm pretty sure this would fit in back there nicely, however, they would also HAVE to install some kind of restroom facility right on the spot.

Drove through there the other day. Holiday Inn has a fairly large "overflow" parking area for their Convention Center. I'm pretty sure this would fit in back there nicely, however, they would also HAVE to install some kind of restroom facility right on the spot.
I still think the City should have done something to put them at the new Costco, with that big store front going in.