Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Refugio, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refugio, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Refugio Travel Center
Along Primary Interstates: I-69E
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-77
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-69E

From: Kingsville - E Corral Ave, TX - 67.8 miles (Permit)
To: End (US-59 Victoria, TX) - 35.2 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles

US-77

From: Kingsville - E Corral Ave, TX - 67.8 miles (Permit)
To: Giddings, TX (v2) - 146.1 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Waco, TX - 248.1 miles

Splitter! on Future I-69E, splits 102.9 miles, 67.8 from Kingsville - E Corral Ave, TX, 35.2 miles to End at US-59 Victoria, TX.

Reactions: byeLT4
This is great for me. I drive regularly from the Valley to Houston, and while I've never had any problems, it's nice to have choices - such as the newer one at the Buc-ees at Wharton and this one.
+1 this is better for us too. We almost always stop at Wharton. I think last time eastbound we skipped Victoria from Kingsville to Wharton, but had to stop there westbound due to major headwinds.

Last edited:
Drove by 12/29/23 and there was significant concrete work behind the Refugio Travel Center. Did not see any signage but hopefully the beginning of the Supercharger installation.
Update: drove by again this past week and was able to get better look. Don’t think this concrete work is related to the Supercharger. Apologies for the false hope.

I passed by as well - I would say that the location of the concrete work on the north side is a good indication as to the future Supercharger location.

It will be a nice midway point between Houston and South Texas when it does arrive.

Sorry byeLT4, had meant to post a "no progress" update after our trip to Corpus Christi on the 9th but forgot to.

We did encounter our first pay-per-use destination charging at the Fairfield hotel we stayed at. They had 4 Wall Connectors installed, 2 NACS only, 1 Universal with integrated NACS to J1772 adapter. I didn't look closely at the 4th, but via the photos on Plugshare (black unit on the right with the Tesla QR Code on the sign above it) it looks like it's the J1772 only Wall Connector that Tesla used to sell before coming out with the Universal version.

Reactions: byeLT4