Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richmond - Meeker Avenue (LIVE 16 Sep 2019, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people with bike racks or trailers. Or for people who want to be lazy and use the pull-in stalls for no reason (this is usually who I see using these stalls lol).
Except in this case, the stalls are still back in. They are the ADA van accessible spaces though, so I wonder if the "normal" placement is too close to the space somehow for it to meet the minimum size requirements for a van space.

Reactions: CharleyBC
I'm curious. Most of the pedestals are parallel to the curb and nearby road. But two are perpendicular. Why the variation?
For people with bike racks or trailers.
Those two stalls would not be useful for anyone towing who did not want to unhitch.

Except in this case, the stalls are still back in. They are the ADA van accessible spaces though, so I wonder if the "normal" placement is too close to the space somehow for it to meet the minimum size requirements for a van space.
The stall on the left is marked as ADA, but not the stall on the right. Both are marked “EV Charging Only”, but none of the other stalls appear to be marked that way. Curious.

For those wondering about the orientation of the two stations near the end, there is a sidewalk access path between them from the one ADA space. I assume they are rotated 90 to allow more room between them. Also there’s a street light (that keep turning on and off) next to one, and I don’t think the station would have fit without moving the light if wasn’t rotated.

I was GOING to go last night to check it out, but with all this talk of slow charging I thought maybe it wasn't really open yet, which was confirmed when I tried "Navigate to Richmond Supercharger" and it wanted me to drive to Virginia or Europe somewhere. There was no Richmond California Supercharger on Teslas maps. If anyone sees it show up, please post.

Shows up on Tesla app

qFXFnzgxQ2+akynyo1PDxA_thumb_6954.jpg

I was GOING to go last night to check it out, but with all this talk of slow charging I thought maybe it wasn't really open yet, which was confirmed when I tried "Navigate to Richmond Supercharger" and it wanted me to drive to Virginia or Europe somewhere. There was no Richmond California Supercharger on Teslas maps. If anyone sees it show up, please post.
This is normal for a new supercharger. Stay calm.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
This is like a block from the Ford Assembly Plant and they have TONS of free charging including a Level 3 charger, if you need free you are in the right neighborhood. I belive I mentioned this at the beginning of this thread.

Just checked out these chargers and while there are many of them, they are no longer free. The level two Chargepoint chargers charge $0.50 per kWh! I was also told by the Chargepoint representative that even with a chademo adapter to use the DC Fast charger, my model 3 would only pull 50 amps. At 440V, that's only 22kW.

It looks like the Richmond superchargers are more power for less money! What a deal