Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now everybody, remember not to vote for Rockland in the Supercharger voting!

The Phase 5 (NEVI) RFP
(RFP EM-011-2023 - Efficiency Maine
has the following:

1.3 Schedule
Milestone Date/Deadline
RFP Issued 3/23/2023
Bidder’s Informational Webinar #1 4/5/2023
Questions Due 4/19/2023
Responses to Questions Posted 4/26/2023
Bidders’ Information Webinar #2 5/10/2023
Proposals Due 6/22/2023, 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (US)
Anticipated Award Date 7/27/2023 UPDATED to 7/31/2023
Anticipated Contract Start 8/31/2023

5. Qualifications, Capacity, and Readiness (5 pages maximum)
e. Schedule
Include a timeline for major project milestones, from bid award date through the charging station
“go-live” date. Note where project delays might be expected and what steps will be undertaken
to ensure the project stays on schedule. Applicants should also note issues or conditions that will
need to be resolved before the project can begin. All stations must be complete within 12 months
of contract execution.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the project earlier than 12
months, if possible.

So, if we take Anticipated Contract Start and add 12 months that would be 8/31/2024.

I certainly hope we get all the new chargers built by then, and don't have the same delays we saw for Phase 3, where it took up to (or more for Ellsworth, which still isn't open) 2 years to get chargers installed. (Phase 3 was mid-2021 contract award so more post-COVID impact.)

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
This one may be under construction - asking for clarification on a post seen on Facebook.
1703269431866.png

I've gone ahead and marked this as under construction - would love some additional photos from anyone in the area that helps clarify the number of stalls (8 vs 12?), GPS coordinates of the site additional perspectives on the construction site, etc... Great to see this one underway!

EDIT: looks like a large cardboard crate near the excavation equipment in the far left of the photo above. Very interested to see any content labels on that - it could be charging posts, and if so, it looks a bit large for v3 posts. ie. it could be v4 posts.

Last edited:
It should be noted that this is still listed as NEVI on Efficiency Maine's site. If it remains NEVI-funded and it's a pure Tesla install, it would need V4 charging charging cabinets for 1000V support, as well as V4 stalls for the payment system.
Exactly - if those cardboard boxes pictured in the left side of the photo are posts, they are likely V4 based on the crate sizes!

Reactions: kayak1
So close....and yet a century and more away.

My g-gparents - my Dad's grandparents - lived on a scratch-acre farm in Tenants Harbor, which lies 12 mi. south on Rte 131 from the SpC. For me to think we can drive there fully on electricity (at least, if we start south of Alaska.....😠) in our Tesla! My 8- and 9-yo Dad, all by himself in the pre-Depression era, would depart from home in New London CT by train to Boston's South Station, then walk to the docks and board the overnight ferry either directly to Rockland or perhaps disembarking in Portland, to spend the summer working for his grandparents. And return the same way.

Can you imagine any child doing so today?

So close....and yet a century and more away.

My g-gparents - my Dad's grandparents - lived on a scratch-acre farm in Tenants Harbor, which lies 12 mi. south on Rte 131 from the SpC. For me to think we can drive there fully on electricity (at least, if we start south of Alaska.....😠) in our Tesla! My 8- and 9-yo Dad, all by himself in the pre-Depression era, would depart from home in New London CT by train to Boston's South Station, then walk to the docks and board the overnight ferry either directly to Rockland or perhaps disembarking in Portland, to spend the summer working for his grandparents. And return the same way.

Can you imagine any child doing so today?

Maybe a child of Japanese immigrants. An 8 year-old Japanese traveling alone would be a late starter.

Rockland, ME

Host Type: Grocery Store
Host: Hannaford
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-1

To: Ellsworth, ME - 64.7 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Baileyville, ME (v2) - 188 miles

A much-needed Supercharger on US-1 in Midcoast Maine. (Shame it's at a spot not on the fastest route for most people ...).

This is a location on the NEVI awards list. EV Charging Initiatives - Efficiency Maine so should be a full V4.

Reactions: kayak1 and Kewmpie1