Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo of site

Attachments

• 1FA5F9AC-AC68-401B-BE19-051E26792788.jpeg
    1FA5F9AC-AC68-401B-BE19-051E26792788.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
Reactions: kayak1 and Gwgan
I feel like the orange cone should be moved a little closer to the store. 44.116816, -69.105495.
In the photo above you can see a house with some blue roof and on Streetview you just can see a bit of it .
So the photo above suggests that the Supercharger will be placed towards the near end of the parking that's not at end of the store, with the pads closest to the store.

1703683571934.png

1703683734327.png

I feel like the orange cone should be moved a little closer to the store. 44.116816, -69.105495.
In the photo above you can see a house with some blue roof and on Streetview you just can see a bit of it .
So the photo above suggests that the Supercharger will be placed towards the near end of the parking that's not at end of the store, with the pads closest to the store.

View attachment 1003387
View attachment 1003388
Updated

Reactions: kayak1
The question will be will we see v4 power equipment (1000v), or will it be the normal v3 just attached to the v4 dispensers?

BTW Nice find with the v4 dispensers. I appreciate the pictures!
Another update already confirmed v3 supercharger cabinets onsite. It remains to be seen if or when Tesla will crank up the output on existing v3 and v4 sites to deliver higher output. With Tesla visiting all existing v3 sites in the region to do half day+ hardware upgrades, it's unclear if the work being one is just CCS adapter capability enablement (for when non-Tesla's get access to the supercharger network in the coming year) or if it's also enabling higher output from the v3 cabinets.

In case anybody was in doubt about the V4-ness of the installation, here's the screen and you also see the outline of "Magic Dock" adapter:
20240128_155508.jpg

I thought I'd check out the cord length. I was initially parked like this. My Kona EV has the port at the front so obviously this wouldn't be a problem any more, but I figured I'd gauge it for the "Detroit" position. It was about 34F, and it's off so the cord isn't the most flexible.d

20240128_155156.jpg

I parked initially not to close to the charger since I don't want to hit anything and I don't have front sensors.
You can see in the background that one of the sign poles already needs a fix.

20240128_155252.jpg

The cord didn't reach too well, but definitely better than at a V3! Shorter-hooded cars like the Bolt (and hopefully the Boltium) shouldn't have a problem.

So I moved my car a bit closer and the plug now reached more easily close to the door.

20240128_155421.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Per a Facebook post today the transformer is in and live ("humming"). It's not clear if there is also a meter yet though. In the photo shared there (below) my guess is the gray box on the side of the switchgear cabinet (far left) is for the meter, but it could also be there already on the far side of the transformer out of sight. I think the gray box in on it's own post is probably a service disconnect.

1707061958099.png

Per a Facebook post today the transformer is in and live ("humming"). It's not clear if there is also a meter yet though. In the photo shared there (below) my guess is the gray box on the side of the switchgear cabinet (far left) is for the meter, but it could also be there already on the far side of the transformer out of sight. I think the gray box in on it's own post is probably a service disconnect.
The Waterville set-up is the same, with a gray box on a separate wooden post, and no visible meter.

Seems like it shouldn't be long, and President's Day weekend is coming in a couple of weeks, so maybe Tesla will get it up before then.
However, for People From Away, Midcoast Maine doesn't generally start up until Memorial Day weekend, so maybe there's no rush from here.

(There will be the total eclipse on April 8th, but that's more northern.)

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1

View attachment 1015181
The gray box is where the meter will go - this type of switchgear cabinet cannot accommodate a meter. Looks like this is now awaiting Tesla commissioning.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
Still no juice as 6pm today. 2/5

The yellow painted lines seem to be in the wrong place. One has to kinda stretch the cable to reach my charging port. Maybe it is opposite sides cars can access the cord.

This site is definitely trailer UN-friendly. Narrow lane, busy traffic, adjacent to bottle recycling site which will have cars parked poorly with open trunks and doors. Located fairly close to building so icing is likely.