Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA - J St. (LIVE 18 Sep 2021, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today
20 V3 stations
17 Destination stations

No cabling pulled to supercharger stations yet. but some of the destination stations are live.

No access to this level yet, blocked off due to the construction near the bottm of the ramp.

Not sure how access is going to be handled as this is pay parking garage Some merchants @ DOCO do validate for parking here.

Address is 405 K Street (K street doesnt actually exist at this location as its part of the DOCO mall.

Enter off J street between 4th and 5th on the right, go down the ramp take ticket in Garage proceed to lower level vis ramp on left side of Garage

Can someonne adjust the address in the Supercharge.info? The 500 David J. Stern walk will overshoot where this location is.

The address of 405 K street is correct via the permit and Google Earth.
wow 17 destinations chargers as well! That's great!

The bottom floor is open now. No more fencing and it’s not taped off. I tried plugging into the destination charger but there’s no power. It looks like it should be open soon.
7644F125-DE61-4BBE-B010-C1F23DFF0E1C.jpeg

Did a touch-and-go here this morning. A few observations: Someone asked about parking fees. To the best of my recollection it's $4/hr. So this isn't a great place to show up if you just need to charge, but if you happen to be in the area it's super-convenient to park and charge here.

It's great having the combination of a lot of V3 chargers and destination chargers. You can pick whatever is appropriate for your situation (but I could picture newbies getting confused about the difference).

There seems to be no restaurants or other businesses open in the Downtown Commons before about 11AM, or maybe 10AM in some cases. Would love to be proven wrong on this, but at 9AM on a Saturday it was super-quiet. I literally had the entire lower parking level to myself. Was not able to find an open restroom at this time either (there is a public restroom on the first floor but the door to get to it was locked).

As you can probably tell from the photos, the stalls are all head-in diagonal parking, which is a little unusual. The spaces seem pretty shallow. Model 3/Y will be fine parking here, but it seemed like a bit of a challenge getting my Model S far enough into the stall (up to the parking bumper) so that the cable would reach the charge port. Maybe I'm just not used to this geometry of Supercharger stalls.

Bruce.

I think I missed you by about 8 hours today @bmah! Grabbed a photo of the parking fees to put the controversy to rest. As mentioned by others up thread, validation applies from various merchants. Noticed the turn down to the lower floor was awfully tight so be careful with that one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-173527_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-173527_Gallery.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210925_163808.jpg
    20210925_163808.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9 and bmah
Visited yesterday. BAD! Underground parking lot for mall. Parking fee just to access chargers. Narrow ramps to get down to lowest level for chargers. No directions to find chargers. Guy with a MX stopped to point out the way. Never again if I can avoid it.

Credit to Kiet Tran on FB for the photo.

If you walk into Macy's from the entrance near Yard House (Tunnel side). You walk in about 10-15 steps and you'll see this to your right. Macy's will validate for 3 hours for free.
View attachment 715378

I was there this morning. The validation machine is next to Macy's Customer Service desk.

20220109_114930.jpg

Reactions: Limited
Did a touch-and-go here this morning. A few observations: Someone asked about parking fees. To the best of my recollection it's $4/hr. So this isn't a great place to show up if you just need to charge, but if you happen to be in the area it's super-convenient to park and charge here.

It's great having the combination of a lot of V3 chargers and destination chargers. You can pick whatever is appropriate for your situation (but I could picture newbies getting confused about the difference).

There seems to be no restaurants or other businesses open in the Downtown Commons before about 11AM, or maybe 10AM in some cases. Would love to be proven wrong on this, but at 9AM on a Saturday it was super-quiet. I literally had the entire lower parking level to myself. Was not able to find an open restroom at this time either (there is a public restroom on the first floor but the door to get to it was locked).

As you can probably tell from the photos, the stalls are all head-in diagonal parking, which is a little unusual. The spaces seem pretty shallow. Model 3/Y will be fine parking here, but it seemed like a bit of a challenge getting my Model S far enough into the stall (up to the parking bumper) so that the cable would reach the charge port. Maybe I'm just not used to this geometry of Supercharger stalls.

Bruce.
Estelle's is open at that time.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
I am very surprised the pricing is dirt cheap compared to all the other Supercharging locations.
Is it hard to get to?
As far as I can tell it’s the cheapest in California, no doubt helped by low SMUD rates. Parking is $4 for 2 hours but it’s not very hard to get validation at Macy’s or one of the other merchants. Even paying parking makes it the cheapest supercharger around, especially if you’re charging from low SOC to 80 or 90%. Access is great from the 5 freeway in either direction and getting down to 2nd underground level is not that difficult: after entering go straight and then left at the end to go down to level 2. The ramp down and up levels has tight clearances on the turns but it’s manageable.

• Informative
Reactions: BigDaddyKevin
As far as I can tell it’s the cheapest in California, no doubt helped by low SMUD rates. Parking is $4 for 2 hours but it’s not very hard to get validation at Macy’s or one of the other merchants. Even paying parking makes it the cheapest supercharger around, especially if you’re charging from low SOC to 80 or 90%. Access is great from the 5 freeway in either direction and getting down to 2nd underground level is not that difficult: after entering go straight and then left at the end to go down to level 2. The ramp down and up levels has tight clearances on the turns but it’s manageable.
oh the parking fee, i kept thinking one hour free parking