Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most residential neighborhood transformers max out well below what you need, though

2 years ago, we got solar and our transformer was due for replacement anyway. The power company came out and upgraded our 9.9 to a 15 before they'd allow us to power on.
We blew ours here, I believe the 3 Tesla's wore it out one cold day when all the HVACs were running, they put a new one in that I assume is more robust, but I need to look at the specs, but I believe you are correct, the transformer would glow like a toaster coil if you were to try and run a SC on it. I just upgraded our solar to 16.2 K this month, and just waiting for permission from NOVEC to throw the switch. The new system replaced a 12 year old 10K system that caught fire (squirrels), so we already have a net meter, they may be upgrading the transformer, which may be why it's taking a while for them to approve activation of the system.

I would love to install an SC in my driveway to tick off the HOA Nazi's. Option 2, get an old gas pump and install the HPWC charging cable where the hose used to be..

1703630961708.png

Last edited: