Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t charged... just passing through. I’ll try to plug in this weekend and see what I get.
It's not a fast supercharger location in general. I can hold 110+ kW in my new Tesla for while there but it apers pretty quickly. Here is the TeslaFi from my most recent charge there Saturday night. It was not overly full when we arrived...probably about six or seven cars.

upload_2019-12-20_20-23-53.png

It's not a fast supercharger location in general. I can hold 110+ kW in my new Tesla for while there but it apers pretty quickly. Here is the TeslaFi from my most recent charge there Saturday night. It was not overly full when we arrived...probably about six or seven cars.

View attachment 490853
I only got 55-60 kW in my charging session tonight! That is really slow and made for a long charge (almost 1 1/2 hours). Partially due to cold battery but that can't be the whole story because it hasn't gotten faster with time. Glad I had YouTube in the car as I passed the time watching Everyday Astronaut's long-form vids.

upload_2019-12-21_0-16-34.png

• Informative
Reactions: jthompson

D'oh, I was going to ask about the usability of this Supercharger because it constantly is recommended to me in ABRP. Now in hindsight, I stupidly read through the entire thread so I wouldn't ask any questions that had already been answered, only to find out that 4 days ago Kacey posted a review video which more or less answered my questions.

I had always skipped this recommended stop because I thought it would be a pain getting on/off, but I think I am confusing it with Woodbridge which looks like it would be a royal pain when coming up northbound 95. This one seems pretty straightforward though. Is it pretty reasonable getting back on to 95 (normally I would head out on 395 into DC or 495 towards Tysons). I normally make a stop at Glen Allen because the Panera is good for a quick stop and Chili's for a longer stop, and it never seems busy, but Springfield actually seems a bit quicker on/off, although traffic could be pretty poor.

D'oh, I was going to ask about the usability of this Supercharger because it constantly is recommended to me in ABRP. Now in hindsight, I stupidly read through the entire thread so I wouldn't ask any questions that had already been answered, only to find out that 4 days ago Kacey posted a review video which more or less answered my questions.

I had always skipped this recommended stop because I thought it would be a pain getting on/off, but I think I am confusing it with Woodbridge which looks like it would be a royal pain when coming up northbound 95. This one seems pretty straightforward though. Is it pretty reasonable getting back on to 95 (normally I would head out on 395 into DC or 495 towards Tysons). I normally make a stop at Glen Allen because the Panera is good for a quick stop and Chili's for a longer stop, and it never seems busy, but Springfield actually seems a bit quicker on/off, although traffic could be pretty poor.

Springfield is easier to get to than Woodbridge but both are okay.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Wonder if the old equipment is sold off or just recycled.

Anyone been by to see what the next step is? My first commute was to Springfield from Arlington (two most popular city names in the states) and I would be sad if I never got to visit the Supercharger there.

Anyone been by to see what the next step is? My first commute was to Springfield from Arlington (two most popular city names in the states) and I would be sad if I never got to visit the Supercharger there.
You can still visit a supercharger in Springfield VA, just not the original. The V3 replacement opened ~4 months ago and is literally in the same shopping center parking lot. During construction, people had speculated whether it would be an expansion or a replacement.
1703346290002.png

Last edited:

Wonder how hard it would be to install a SC in my driveway. If I could buy recycled SC equipment I would be interested.... (we will soon have four Teslas, S - mine , S - son, X - hers, CT - all), the power transformer for our block is in my front yard.

Wonder how hard it would be to install a SC in my driveway. If I could buy recycled SC equipment I would be interested.... (we will soon have four Teslas, S - mine , S - son, X - hers, CT - all), the power transformer for our block is in my front yard.
Most residential neighborhood transformers max out well below what you need, though

2 years ago, we got solar and our transformer was due for replacement anyway. The power company came out and upgraded our 9.9 to a 15 before they'd allow us to power on.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe