Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Augustine, FL (Busy Bee SR-207)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Per @Cgoral42 , there is another Supercharger coming soon to St. Augustine to a Busy Bee convenience store planned along SR-207 and I-95. The store is planned for a vacant lot south of the Quality Inn and Suites per an article from The St Augustine Record (Travel center approved for SR 207). As of February, Busy Bee was still reviewing the location. Based on Cgoral’s comment on the thread for a different Supercharger at a Busy Bee in Panama City Beach, the location seems definite as the CEO of the company said their new St. Augustine location would have Superchargers.

Panama City Beach Supercharger
Also wanted to note that the same lady who told me about the Panama City Beach site also mentioned that they were putting in superchargers at the Busy Bee in St. Augustine which will be located at I-95 and CR-207. This one doesn’t seem to be as critical since it would be located within approximately 10 miles from the current St. Augustine supercharger and relatively close to the Palm Coast location under construction now, though my preference is to stop at the Busy Bee instead. I’m not sure that there is any permitting at the St. Augustine location yet. Probably more to come later on this one.

I’ve looked on SJC’s permit search and so far found nothing related to Tesla yet. Here’s the link if anyone else wants to try: http://webapp.sjcfl.us/Applications/WATSWebX/Permit/SearchPermit.aspx

Per @Cgoral42 , there is another Supercharger coming soon to St. Augustine to a Busy Bee convenience store planned along SR-207 and I-95. The store is planned for a vacant lot south of the Quality Inn and Suites per an article from The St Augustine Record (Travel center approved for SR 207). As of February, Busy Bee was still reviewing the location. Based on Cgoral’s comment on the thread for a different Supercharger at a Busy Bee in Panama City Beach, the location seems definite as the CEO of the company said their new St. Augustine location would have Superchargers.

Panama City Beach Supercharger

I’ve looked on SJC’s permit search and so far found nothing related to Tesla yet. Here’s the link if anyone else wants to try: http://webapp.sjcfl.us/Applications/WATSWebX/Permit/SearchPermit.aspx
According to a news article on February 15, 2020, Busy Bee hadn't yet applied for a permit for the gas station and convenience store at that time.

According to the news reports, this is sounding like a chicken and egg issue.

The first news article in January 2019, made it sound like Busy Bee wouldn’t be proceeding without a nearby traffic signal.

“Busy Bee ownership says it wants the light as badly as the county and has agreed to pay for it. However, the light must be approved by the Florida Department of Transportation because it would be on a state road.

Waring (the CEO of Busy Bee) said the light was “essential” to the project.”

The news article in February 2020, made it sound like the FDOT is waiting for Busy Bee to file a permit.

"When that gas station/retail store is built, county officials say the state’s threshold for traffic will be met, triggering the need for a new signal.

But that hasn’t happened yet."

“The department currently does not have any plans to add a traffic signal at this location,” FDOT spokeswoman Bianca Speights said in an email to The Record."

“Busy Bee has not officially submitted a permit yet, however, they are reviewing the location. Once Busy Bee’s review is complete and submitted, I will have more information about any changes in this area. There will likely be some changes, but to what extent is not yet determined.”

Larry

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
According to a news article on February 15, 2020, Busy Bee hadn't yet applied for a permit for the gas station and convenience store at that time.

According to the news reports, this is sounding like a chicken and egg issue.

The first news article in January 2019, made it sound like Busy Bee wouldn’t be proceeding without a nearby traffic signal.

“Busy Bee ownership says it wants the light as badly as the county and has agreed to pay for it. However, the light must be approved by the Florida Department of Transportation because it would be on a state road.

Waring (the CEO of Busy Bee) said the light was “essential” to the project.”

The news article in February 2020, made it sound like the FDOT is waiting for Busy Bee to file a permit.

"When that gas station/retail store is built, county officials say the state’s threshold for traffic will be met, triggering the need for a new signal.

But that hasn’t happened yet."

“The department currently does not have any plans to add a traffic signal at this location,” FDOT spokeswoman Bianca Speights said in an email to The Record."

“Busy Bee has not officially submitted a permit yet, however, they are reviewing the location. Once Busy Bee’s review is complete and submitted, I will have more information about any changes in this area. There will likely be some changes, but to what extent is not yet determined.”

Larry

I thought it might be a little premature to put this info out there so I was hesitant in even saying anything and is the reason why I did not start a new thread on it. Hopefully, it will progress quickly and we can have another supercharger on this side of Florida but it may take some time.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I thought it might be a little premature to put this info out there so I was hesitant in even saying anything and is the reason why I did not start a new thread on it. Hopefully, it will progress quickly and we can have another supercharger on this side of Florida but it may take some time.
I want to thank you for your helpful information.

Like you, I don't think I would have started a new post yet, but I have no problem with Marco having started this one.

By the way, how did you happen to meet Elizabeth Waring?

Larry

Reactions: MarcoRP
I want to thank you for your helpful information.

Like you, I don't think I would have started a new post yet, but I have no problem with Marco having started this one.

By the way, how did you happen to meet Elizabeth Waring?

Larry
Larry,
I met her by chance at the dentist office when I took my daughter there. I mentioned to the dentist that we were headed to Panama City Beach, and that was when she overheard our conversation and that led to her telling me that they were opening the Busy Bee there.