Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sterling VA Wawa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CB63CC2D-61B0-4808-BA83-3DB91128052F.jpeg
Mentioned in an article about the Vienna VA Wawa.

Wawa Opens Vienna Location With Tesla Electic Chargers

Last month Tesla added Sterling, VA to their updated Find Us map with a target opening date in Q2 2021.

On Monday, Feb 1 a ticket was created by Leading-Edge Services requesting utilities markings at the Wawa at 23055 Oakgrove Rd, Sterling, VA 20166. It doesn't specifically mention Tesla, but the fact that Leading-Edge Services requested it is a fairly good sign that this is for Superchargers. I looked through the Loudoun County Building Permits, but did not find anything relevant.

Is this enough evidence for a blue pin on supercharge.info?

@Chuq @MarcoRP @mociaf9

(38.977853, -77.412010)
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 5.33.13 PM.png

Let me get out my Crystal ball.

I went by the site this morning and there was no sign of any work, or even Miss Utility markings. It was raining and there is still snow on the ground. It will be a tight squeeze to run the chargers between the pod and the curb. The parking lot was full at 5:30AM.

Back at the grand opening of Vienna the District manager for Wawa told us they were adding the chargers in Sterling but due to the pandemic they were delaying construction until 2021.

I looked at the maps.

The Ashburn location makes no sense to have a Wawa There.

The Leesburg site does make sense to have a Wawa, next to the shopping center. What doesn't make sense is it is right across the street from the Tesla Urban charging site that opened last year. So I would say that it would be a No Go for a Tesla site, unless Tesla wants to move??? OR another charging company is going in.

Off to Sterling to get some pictures, i will try and post tonight.

Here is a shot standing where the SC cabinets will probably sit. Tight line between parking lot and retention pond. Note the air pump and gas truck. They will be icing issues in future given the tank filling ports are right there. They have to fill the tanks. This is a busy station. A major supplier of ours used to be next door.
696EAA4F-CDDD-4533-8165-B9B7AFF40E1C.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
I knew that service was going to be fun to run down to the chargers. I forgot to stop by today. I was at Tesla Service finally getting my snow tires this late into the season. I'll try to remember to stop up there later before the snow shuts them down.

Thanks for the Pictures.

Here are some shots of this weeks work.
It looks like they have removed all of the sprinkler piping ;)

Given the special curbing, they will have to pour these pedestal bases in place. The prefab units wont work in this confined area. The feeder conduits have been run back to the SC cabinets but not stubbed up yet. Power conduits still haven't been bored under the driveway. They should have a lot of the underground done by the end of next week ready to start pouring concrete.
B707FBCE-D6EE-4724-83B1-CC8683C2EF88.jpeg
5D79EF63-9A6B-4067-B54B-048ADEAAD49C.jpeg

Last edited: