Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (LIVE 13 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current status of the application says "Resubmittal required" (Accela Citizen Access) Is the current application not valid?
The application is valid, just the plans submitted in the application need corrections. Tesla would just email back or reupload the plans document after they've made the requested changes. It's part of the normal process of getting a permit.

If you want to see details, I recommend looking at Record Info > Processing status:

upload_2019-9-30_10-0-35.png

How long do you think it will take Tesla to do a resubmittal? It surprises me it hasn't yet been done. Guess I don't know the scope of the issue.
I have no idea, I assume those sorts of details are hashed out in email communication between the city and Tesla so that less work/fewer resubmittals are required.

There is one aspect no one's mentioned here yet, which is that Tesla also has to/would have to submit a permit to EBMUD (East Bay Municipal Utility District) due to a water line (Mokelumne Aqueduct) coming from the mountains that passes underneath the huge lawn next to March Ln. I couldn't figure out how to use their permitting system, otherwise I would've posted something about that here. The delay from Tesla could be to divert resources elsewhere if EBMUD works slower, after all the city of Stockton seems to have relatively quick turnarounds so far.

Reactions: beths11
How long do you think it will take Tesla to do a resubmittal? It surprises me it hasn't yet been done. Guess I don't know the scope of the issue.
For the first resubmittal on a supercharger, generally a month or two. It depends on how extensive the required revisions are. The thing you have to remember is that the engineering support isn't just working on this one location/project. The same team will have multiple locations, all in different stages of development, being worked on at the same time. While the actual time needed to do the work for this one permit might relatively short, that work still needs to be fit into their existing schedule.

Reactions: beths11
For the first resubmittal on a supercharger, generally a month or two. It depends on how extensive the required revisions are. The thing you have to remember is that the engineering support isn't just working on this one location/project. The same team will have multiple locations, all in different stages of development, being worked on at the same time. While the actual time needed to do the work for this one permit might relatively short, that work still needs to be fit into their existing schedule.
Tesla just submitted revised/updated plans for cycle 2 reviews on 2019-10-15. So, it was a hair faster than I predicted at 3.5 weeks (3 business weeks).

The Grand Canal loop is very walkable but anything outside that can be a bit sketchy. Because this is so close to Brookside and most of the businesses on March Lane are law, medical, and financial offices/firms, it’s honestly pretty safe but car break-ins do happen from time to time. I lived here for a year (with my Tesla) and my car’s window was smashed in once.

Last a fun fact, every April-May a handful of geese settle here for a several weeks to lay eggs and raise goslings. It’s hella cute.

I just moved to Brookside. Where did you had smashed window and what time?

Venetian Bridges apartments, so I bet you’ll be fine over there. It’s covered and lit, but no cameras and not gated. It happened in the middle of the night on a weekday (sometime between 12-7am).
Will try to stay away from that area.

Tried Manteca supercharger but it stays pretty busy after office hours and the charging speed suck. I hope we get V3 supercharger here in Stockton soon.

@Familyfirstj Actually it looks like just this morning they started work behind the Hilton. They’ve sectioned off the area, moved equipment and a storage unit (not well pictured) on-site, and painted indicators on the ground.

E6A53F5E-F55C-4DD8-AF58-C12632E3E723.jpeg
FBD04CD1-D47D-4380-B7CF-B46C03896A29.jpeg
85DECFF5-6B8C-444A-8C3D-DCBC68FABB5F.jpeg
BFA1EC30-D90B-469B-BB85-54113AF19F75.jpeg

I don’t know if this is related, but there are a few handicap spots sectioned off as well to the side of the Hilton:

1413C243-9AE3-4BB4-81FB-5179B0227A81.jpeg

Last edited:
I know I am being optimistic, but this would be awesome to get turned on before the end of the year. I have literally been checking every week for months! This would help with my weekend commute to Tahoe. Half the time I get routed through here on my way to and from the peninsula because, well, driving through the city and on 80 generally sucks. But this faster charging, and not having to go a few miles out of the way to Manteca would be a huge improvement when I take this route.

I know I am being optimistic, but this would be awesome to get turned on before the end of the year. I have literally been checking every week for months! This would help with my weekend commute to Tahoe. Half the time I get routed through here on my way to and from the peninsula because, well, driving through the city and on 80 generally sucks. But this faster charging, and not having to go a few miles out of the way to Manteca would be a huge improvement when I take this route.
The V3 Supercharger in Williams has been under construction for months, and it’s not open yet. So I sure wouldn’t count on it. I hope I’m wrong!

Reactions: Pluto
Here’s an update. All fencing is now being covered by green netting or fabric or something. There is work at the side of the Hilton also being done now. Today they started digging up asphalt there:

F99453E9-F37E-4D26-ACB6-EFF9373756C9.jpeg

They’re also currently working on underground infrastructure for the main area behind the Hilton. There’s going to be ten back-in and two pull-in stalls:

8C8EC16B-3B7E-4752-88CC-7BF3E66611BB.jpeg
EF2BAC04-4EB9-4D88-A363-7328209D63BB.jpeg
E69FD5A9-1959-4948-8E03-FE83E770F946.jpeg
CC1A70AC-611E-4B8B-A953-1DA6633DA9E9.jpeg