Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Suffolk, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Leading-Edge Services has posted a dig ticket for "INSTALLING CHARGING STATIONS FOR TESLA" at the Royal Farms in Suffolk, VA at 1929 Holland Rd, Suffolk, VA 23434.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 10.30.23 AM.png

Agreed. I work in this area and not much for supercharging around. Next closest locations are in Portsmouth and Newport News, both about 20-25 mins away. This is definitely a throughway to hit I-95. Looking at the install this morning, they seem to be the new Teslas Magic Chargers. I’ll try to get pics soon…
We'd greatly appreciate pictures if you have any, especially if it's under construction.

Moderator note: This post was merged from a different thread.

Pardon my lack of knowledge. But these are pictures from a Supercharger site under construction in Suffolk, VA on October 15. I could not get close to them due to a chain link fence. But from pictures I have seen these appear to be the new V4 chargers. Am I correct?

IMG_0571.jpeg
IMG_0567.jpeg
IMG_0569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the photos, eight V4 superchargers? Checked Google Maps and it looks like one of their Street View vehicles caught a glimpse of the site prep work last month. Drop "Pegman" on US-58 East in front of Royal Farms and look for Google Street View photos dated September 2023, and if you zoom in you'll see the individual concrete bases that were poured for the V4 Superchargers.

Looking at the photos posted here so far, there look to be 7 typical back-in spaces (for Teslas) and the 8th is on the end positioned so it's beside a Tesla charge port after you back in. These are located in the eight parking spaces closest to the corner of US-58 and Forest Glen Drive, in the Royal Farms parking lot.