Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tampa, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if it is up and running yet?
Looks like it should be getting pretty close. Last inspection was on 1/29/18 at which point it looks like the release was given to TECO but still requiring final inspection. Sounds like its TECO's hands now.

Date: 1/29/2018 Release To TECO New 1200 Amp 480 Volt 3 Phase Service The WA WA'S Location At 2502 N 50th St. Tampa Florida 33605. Note; Check Available Fault Current Label On Final .

The Brandon location is absolutely terrible. It takes you 10-15 minutes to get to when exiting 75 due to always beeing congested and numerous traffic lights.

100%

Also this new location in Tampa is not in the safest. Be cautious when you stop there.
Source: Family business in that area since the 1950's.

Pro: Ybor city is around the corner.

OK, I had to go back to see if they're working. This supercharging location is still not showing up on the map, but I was able to charge my car! I think the same thing happened at the Pinellas Park location north of downtown St Pete (superchargers were working, but the location was not being displayed on the map).

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg

Hey Larry,

Not really an "effort" because there was zero traffic at 1AM and I love being the only car on the road driving through a section of Tampa that crawls during rush hour. Can't wait for the Hyde Park location to go online because that one will be even closer to me!

Buddyroe,

Yeah, that was funny that I was posting my successful charging session results as Larry was posting the question asking me if I could be more specific!

Ben

Reactions: Buddyroe
Found these two photos. 70kWView attachment 282763
Moderators Note: I have asked you on previous occasions not to post photos that you have not taken yourself without providing proper attribution. If you continue I will start deleting your postings. Thank you.

The photos posted were posted on Plugshare yesterday.

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

This plugshare information is not entirely correct. It states that there are 6 charging stations. There are actually 8 charging stations.

Larry

Last edited:

Yep. Stopped by there today after a drive from St Augustine. Had 76 miles range when I arrived. Charged for around 20 minutes at 114 to 117 kw. Put over 100 miles of electrons into the tank.

This location is only a short drive from the Brandon supercharger. Factoring in the traffic to get to the Brandon location (and,even worse, OUT of that location) the usual crowd at Brandon, and the fast charging at the new location, it is a very realistic alternative to Brandon, even if it is a short detour from your North/South travels on I-75.

As noted earlier in this thread, do not venture too far from this location while your car charges. A few years ago, and less than 1/2 mile north of this location, two Tampa police officers were killed during a police stop. Do not venture north of I-4 on foot. It is not a very safe area up there.