Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Terlingua, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As promised... I stopped by yesterday and did not see anything. I called* the host business today and asked about status. They noted that they do have the J1772 plug already (see separate Plugshare listing for plenty of knowledge on that) and the person answering the phone knew that they do have some kind of Tesla charging in the works, but nothing firm yet. (*The host business is Basecamp Terlingua, but only the cafe Venga that's part of it has a phone number.)

This is an extremely remote location, and getting 350 kW out here (for even a minimal single-V3-cabinet supercharging site) has to be nigh impossible. I wouldn't be surprised to see this site become just a single 120 kW V2 cabinet, or a derated V3 cabinet. Or even just a couple HPWC stations; 80 Amps would still be nice, although most would only be able to absorb 48 of that.

Last edited:
As promised... I stopped by yesterday and did not see anything. I called* the host business today and asked about status. They noted that they do have the J1772 plug already (see separate Plugshare listing for plenty of knowledge on that) and the person answering the phone knew that they do have some kind of Tesla charging in the works, but nothing firm yet. (*The host business is Basecamp Terlingua, but only the cafe Venga that's part of it has a phone number.)

This is an extremely remote location, and getting 350 kW out here (for even a minimal single-V3-cabinet supercharging site) has to be nigh impossible. I wouldn't be surprised to see this site become just a single 120 kW V2 cabinet, or a derated V3 cabinet. Or even just a couple HPWC stations; 80 Amps would still be nice, although most would only be able to absorb 48 of that.
My boy, that’s what batteries are for.

Deploy a prefab 4 pack with a megapack and add stalls as demand goes up..