Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Terlingua, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are quite welcome! Thrilled other folks are doing this. Enjoy the sere, massive landscape that is the Big Bend.
I'm going to Terlingua next week to do some mountain biking and will be staying at Retro Rents. Obviously, their EV charging support was key in giving them some business. Had it not been for them, I would be camping in the car at one of the RV parks in the area.

Thanks for promoting EV charging with the owners.

I'll post an update on the SC site.

Reactions: CarlS
Ye gads! That could have quickly turned into an episode of Survivorman! Was this a mountain bike tire or a car tire?
Tesla tire. Had to get a ride back to Lajitas just to get cell service and coordinate with Tesla for a tow to Discount Tire in Odessa. Next time I'll have an aftermarket spare tire. The replacement tire is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

It could have been worse. Tesla wanted to tow the car all the way to the El Paso service center! BTW, for a flat tire, Tesla only pays for 50 miles of towing.

Reactions: Texshark and CarlS
That sounds like no fun. Glad you came out ok. I have considered a spare before, but settled on a tire repair kit. Are you getting a mini spare? Putting in the pit in the trunk?
I had tire sealant and an inflator, but the one inch gash in the sidewall sort of made those superfluous. I am looking at a Modern Tire spare. They're the same diameter as the stock tire, but narrower so you can get some luggage in the trunk. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be possible to get the mountain bike in the trunk as well, so I'll need to install an external bike rack. That's going to reduce range, so these SCs and the ones coming to Alpine may be critical. Without them, getting between Ft Stockton and Terlingua could be difficult with a strong headwind.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS and growler23
When on the voting site today and I see one listed for Terlingua and another as "Brewster County." The latter's pinpoint location is in Terlingua proper -- which is around Venga Cafe. The former is near Alpine, TX which is already online. May be worth voting, anyway.
Also, It would be nice to have charging infrastructure along Highway 90.

When on the voting site today and I see one listed for Terlingua and another as "Brewster County." The latter's pinpoint location is in Terlingua proper -- which is around Venga Cafe. The former is near Alpine, TX which is already online. May be worth voting, anyway.
Also, It would be nice to have charging infrastructure along Highway 90.
Agreed - having the alternate route along Hwy 90 would be nice.
I also advocate for voting tor the Terlingua proper site (Brewster County). About as close to Big Bend NP as you can get.

Reactions: TMOT3