Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Trenton, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V3 does share an available total supply for the cabinet, but it's just high enough you'd mostly never notice. But it is noticeable if you show up expecting 250 and other cars are doing the same. See here.
I've definitely seen this in California. In fact, multiple times at Williams, CA. I thought it was a fluke the first time, but the 2nd time, I put 2 and 2 together.

I can't remember exactly what I peaked at but I think it was just a little over 100kW when the site was full. Both times with low SOC and warm battery (both warm ambient temps and driving a long time at high speeds prior to plugging in). I've gotten my usual 160kW at the same site when it isn't busy.

a v2 shares 150kW between A and B stalls, so 1A and 1B. so if you and someone else pull up nice and warm already and plug in on the same shared load, you'll still only see a max of 74kW. with a v3 charger, it not only doesn't share load, but also has a higher peak charge of 250kW.
While the stuff you are sharing is not incorrect, it's mostly inapplicable to an 8 year old Model S.

I drive a 5 year old S and and an unshared v2 stall is sometimes faster than a v3 for me. It just depends on how high I am charging. The problem is the taper on the v3s is severe for my car. I'm only getting like 30kW and 15kW at 80% and 90% SOCs respectively. The peak is higher but it only lasts for a couple minutes. So if I'm being very efficient and only charging 10-60% at every stop, the v3s are faster, but if I have to do a range charge for a long leg or if I just stay at a supercharger longer due to eating a meal or whatever, the unshared v2s will get me closer to full faster.

The v3s are still generally faster than the v2 if I have to share a paired stall so I definitely look at the capacity and utilization if I choose to go the v2 route.

• Informative
Reactions: YYZ-IAD
I stopped at Trenton for the first time today and must say that this is a very good SC. It is very close to the 401, wasn't busy at all, it is right across the street from a Starbucks, there is a Tim Horton's, Wendy's and McDonalds all within a few steps. It is a bit too close to Toronto for eastbound trips out of Toronto, unless nature is calling, but can work well when I am on my way back to Toronto.