Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, BC - Kaslo St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the link to the permit. I don't think we're at the point of removing the construction pin. It seems that construction has stalled, but not canceled.

Hi @Big Earl - question for you. You seem to be a good source of information. Is this a new Tesla wide thing to no longer be posting upcoming Supercharger locations around the whole world? The website still says they update quarterly, but in the last 12 months at least in British Columbia, we've gotten a surprise new Supercharger location in Richmond, BC and now Manning Park, BC. Neither were ever on the map and just popped up one day.

No new updates to the map on the Tesla website in 12 months, no new upcoming locations for many quarters now. I have a hard time believing that there are no new locations coming in 2024 (other than those we've known about for 6-12 months).

Is this normal now across the board for the whole world?

Hi @Big Earl - question for you. You seem to be a good source of information. Is this a new Tesla wide thing to no longer be posting upcoming Supercharger locations around the whole world? The website still says they update quarterly, but in the last 12 months at least in British Columbia, we've gotten a surprise new Supercharger location in Richmond, BC and now Manning Park, BC. Neither were ever on the map and just popped up one day.

No new updates to the map on the Tesla website in 12 months, no new upcoming locations for many quarters now. I have a hard time believing that there are no new locations coming in 2024 (other than those we've known about for 6-12 months).

Is this normal now across the board for the whole world?

The Tesla Find Us map has been notoriously unreliable and incomplete for several years. Find Us appears to be completely separate from Tesla’s production environment, and feels like it’s maintained by occasional interns.

The most complete list of Supercharger locations is supercharge.info, which is maintained by a dozen or so very active volunteers, with data sourced from building permit sites, local government meeting minutes, direct reports from people on TMC and other social media, and from Tesla itself.

In recent months, the Find Us team has dropped a few hints, perhaps unintentionally, about new site locations, including posting a complete address list for dozens of upcoming projects. They’ve quickly removed this information after publishing it, but not before community members got screenshots of it. Maybe it’s a game, maybe it’s incompetence - either way, it’s fun.

• Informative
Reactions: Mayoo and NSTM3
I'm just not excited about this one any more. For these reasons:

- sorry I don't have a pic, but the building has topped out and they have maybe half the windows in but it will still be a long time, one year perhaps, before this the building will be done
- it is in a private building so it may have time of day use-restrictions and, horror, might even be pay parking while charging
- there are plenty of easier ground level parking lots around that Tesla could put in a s/c

Bah humbug, I'll just be excited about N Van Marine Dr, Mission and Manning Park instead.

Drove by this construction site today and was shocked to see some action on the building after it has been sitting idle for about 1 year. I checked to see if I could see any Tesla equipment or signs of electrical work but nothing obvious can be seen. If Tesla is still interested in this location, then it'll likely have to be underground inside the garage.

According to the published address, it should be in this building.

2024-03-31 17.37.13.jpg