Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - West Chester Township, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t believe Butler County / West Chester has drug their feet on this so badly.
How do you kinow for certain it is the county holding things up? The same comments are being made on this site about the Beavercreek Supercharger. Anyone today trying to get any construction work done, or hire any contractors, are experiencing massive delays. Why should these superchargers be any different? And, even though the meter has been installed, there still may need tons of paperwork to be completed.

Well, that’s your opinion but I actually live in West Chester. And I’ll tell you that people here AND on this forum were excited in early October that we were days away from opening. I’ve supported Tesla for 3 cars and was an enthusiastic early adopter when you couldn’t find another Tesla in West Chester or Cincinnati they were just a rare car. Now people who support select brands believe it or not have a right to voice their opinion AND frustration. There are Tesla’s EVERYWHERE here in Cincinnati now in 2022. Why is a supercharger opening 2 months late relevant? Because there are people that actually don’t have home charging that are buying other cars. For years Tesla could have placed a single supercharger in southwest Ohio which is heavily populated ( and now heavily populated with Tesla’s). They elected, deliberately to avoid this area which is extremely heavily traveled on I-75 to put more chargers in other areas. So yes this is years of pent up frustration for Tesla to add a very sorely needed supercharger in between 2 heavily populated cities. The fact they can’t get it opened 2 months later from their anticipated opening date wreaks of more ineptitude.

The fact they can’t get it opened 2 months later from their anticipated opening date wreaks of more ineptitude.

I think "anticipated opening date" in this case was your anticipation of an opening date. For someone that states having owned vehicles as long as you, you should know better than anyone that any of the dates Tesla shows on its "Find Us" map can have massively wide variability. This site per my memory (and just checking again today) shows an estimated target opening of Q4 2022. While I would not suggest anyone to be holding their breath, especially given the current weather situation, Tesla is actually not "late" by their published statement for another week.

I understand the frustration over Tesla not having placed more superchargers in the Cincy/Dayton/Columbus vicinity over the past 2-4 years. But I came to realize several years ago that superchargers will be open when they are open, and any statements, whether by utility workers, Tesla's contracted construction firms, etc., are just a swag by the individual with there being a multitude of factors likely well outside their control. There have been several in the southern Indiana area that showed on Tesla's coming some list for over 2+ years past their original dates without any construction happening, and others that ended up disappearing from the map completely without anything every happening (Seymour, IN for example, which fills a hole between Indy and Louisville locations).

This one will be open when it's open.

Just my two cents.

A Merry Christmas to everyone from someone that's +14 hours ahead of you and already having my coffee on Christmas morning. I hope everyone is doing OK in the frigid central US. I doubt I'll get much sympathy if for having spent my Christmas Eve day yesterday outside in sunny 50F conditions here in Tokyo area. yesterday.

Reactions: tesluv108
Now over 4 months since ground-breaking and still not operational. Wow. :-\
Actually there were people convinced this would be ready in October. So yeah the fact we are in late Jan and Tesla’s own timeline was q4 is a huge disappointment. Still can’t believe how they avoided I-75 between Cincinnati and Dayton for this many years

Reactions: Tezla041