Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yorba Linda, CA - Yorba Linda Blvd (LIVE 21 Nov 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over two months…..and still no transformer.

Attachments

• IMG_9829.jpeg
    IMG_9829.jpeg
    577.2 KB · Views: 41
I plugged in today and found a max of about 65 kW. These are V3 (250 kW) Superchargers, so something is amiss. Is it possible that Tesla has some kind of agreement with the shopping center to slow charging so drivers will visit the retail stores?

Here is the latest. Any chance Tesla has slowed down these chargers at the request of the merchants?

In my completely not-supported-by-any-facts opinion, this kind of arrangement is unlikely. Artificial limits to keep cars in stalls for longer will lead to higher occupancies and queueing. That will encourage owners to go elsewhere, and probably cause reputational damage as well. Those consequences would seem counterproductive.

It's quite possible that there are some unique limits on power at this site. But in the absence of any other information it's more likely for technical reasons than local businesses wanting a captive audience.

Bruce.

Reactions: Kevy Baby
Here is the latest. Any chance Tesla has slowed down these chargers at the request of the merchants?
No.

Sometimes locations have power problems that cause charging rates to drop. This is particularly likely to happen with new installations. Sometimes the problem is Tesla's end, sometimes utility.

If Tesla were limiting power it should show on its own site information.

In my completely not-supported-by-any-facts opinion, this kind of arrangement is unlikely. Artificial limits to keep cars in stalls for longer will lead to higher occupancies and queueing. That will encourage owners to go elsewhere, and probably cause reputational damage as well. Those consequences would seem counterproductive.

It's quite possible that there are some unique limits on power at this site. But in the absence of any other information it's more likely for technical reasons than local businesses wanting a captive audience.

Bruce.
So...what is the purpose/strategy of Urban Superchargers?

So...what is the purpose/strategy of Urban Superchargers?

Originally, it was for more predictable sharing of power between the two charging posts attached to the same V2 Supercharger cabinet. Changes to V2 Supercharger locations have since made Urban Superchargers less unnecessary since they changed their algorithm from "first car has priority" to "share equally if needed".

But none of that matters here, because no new Urban Superchargers have been installed for years (I think), and in any case...the site being discussed in this thread doesn't have Urban Superchargers.

Bruce.

Originally, it was for more predictable sharing of power between the two charging posts attached to the same V2 Supercharger cabinet. Changes to V2 Supercharger locations have since made Urban Superchargers less unnecessary since they changed their algorithm from "first car has priority" to "share equally if needed".

But none of that matters here, because no new Urban Superchargers have been installed for years (I think), and in any case...the site being discussed in this thread doesn't have Urban Superchargers.

Bruce.
We have seen much higher power levels from our local Urban Superchargers than to the new 250 kW units.