Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers for 'general parking'?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

radiocycle

Supporting Member
Apr 13, 2017
Portland, OR
So tomorrow we're leaving for Portland, OR from Vallejo, CA; our first longish trip. Our first stop on Hwy 101 is the Ukiah Supercharger. I looked that one up on the Supercharger App and saw the following comment: "There are 8 stalls but 6 are used for general parking and are full by 8am". That's not giving me a lot of confidence about our ability to stop for a charge (and breakfast) before our next Supercharger stop in Eureka.
I'm new at this so it's really making me nervous... By 'general parking' is the comment referring to people that just leave their cars plugged in all day while they're at work or are these just ICE cars that use the parking spots? Is there anyone who 'oversees' the operation of the chargers? What's a possible plan B if they are all full? I was hoping that on a Monday around noon the SC would be relatively empty. Any ideas?? Thanks!

r

To confirm, I looked it up on Google maps, others have posted photos of the Ukiah location, the stalls are 2hr general parking. Image attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180916-163222.png
    Screenshot_20180916-163222.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 245
If you’re concerned enough to avoid stopping at the location, call the hosting location/company and let them know. “I would have stopped at your business for 45 minutes, but you don’t reserve the spots for Tesla owners, so I went to your competitor which doesn’t allow general parking at the Supercharger stalls.”

For dinner last night I went to one of the few restaurants in the northern Chicago burbs I could see from Plugshare that had a charger onsite. Went great, dinner was tasty and when I left, the other spot was taken by the restaurant's delivery minivan. LOL

It was near closing time, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. And if it needed to be moved, it was clear who to ask.