Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers on the "Southern route"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I notice that between Nashville and just east of Dallas, there is currently no operating SCs. So, a trip to Dallas taking the most direct route from the Northeast is problematic.

Additionally, going west from Dallas (1-20) or San Antonio (1-10) is impossible, as there are no SCs until Tucson. Range anxiety and then some!!

So, what's the deal? Given that we're talking about travel between the two largest states in the country (California and Texas) or travel from the Northeast to Texas, why is this area so bereft of Superchargers.

Yes, I know that the State of Texas is being "difficult" with Tesla, but it's not alone and there are SCs in other recalcitrant states. So, what gives? Any idea when some of all of these points will be corrected?

This should have nothing to do with the inability for Tesla to do direct sales in Texas - and sales in Texas really aren't impacted by the lack of direct sales - Texas has service centers and galleries, potential owners can do test drives.

Texas had superchargers early for the "Texas triangle" between Houston, Dallas/Forth Worth, Austin and San Antonio - and then it took quite a while before we able to get off the "Texas island".

We've seen new superchargers in the past few months, with the westward I10 and I20 evidently on the list to get superchargers soon - plus we'll be able to down to South Padre Island (and the SpaceX launch site).

It's more likely this has been a lower priority route for Tesla - and they are now getting around to hooking Texas up to the west.

Though, they also should plan a northwest route going through the panhandle into Colorado...

• Helpful
Reactions: faughtz