Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers waiting for a transformer to open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
I have been wandering around the bay area checking out new Superchargers. I noticed there are A TON of them in NorCal that are basically ready to go but still are awaiting a transformer to finish the install. Anyone know if PG&E is at war with Tesla? What could be going on?

Novato, Marin City, El Cerrito, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland, Dublin, San Jose (Gould & Holger), and Los Altos

IMG_0442.jpeg

Marin City
IMG_0437.jpeg

San Jose
IMG_0436.jpeg

Technically they were still working on the El Cerrito, Berkeley, and Dublin charger (above). But that is a HUGE list of SpCs sitting idle.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Not sure what you are saying @Watts_Up

Forgot to include days in construction:
Novato 153 days, Marin City 101, Emeryville 208, and San Joses (Gould 65 & Holger 111)

Since Oakland construction was JUST discovered it's only tagged as being 3 days into construction, but it's as complete as the above stations. The Berkeley, El Cerrito, and Los Altos still have people on-site this week, but otherwise, look complete and only in need of a transformer.

I have been wandering around the bay area checking out new Superchargers. I noticed there are A TON of them in NorCal that are basically ready to go but still are awaiting a transformer to finish the install. Anyone know if PG&E is at war with Tesla? What could be going on?
It's not just Tesla. Many Electrify America stations in the Bay Area have been ready and sitting without power for months (some still are). I also noticed that in some cases where Tesla and EA stations were co-located they became operational at roughly the same time.