Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging on way home from buying Tesla out of state

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Did not notice until after posting

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_113036.jpg
    IMG_20200529_113036.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 132
  • Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
I could have but did not. Late yesterday I got the notification that the car was added to my account, so I added my payment info there.
So now that the car was added to your account, were you charged for the Supercharging fees while the car was in limbo? Just wondering if the charges fall off or if they get applied to the next person that registers the car.

How can it take weeks for Tesla to set up an account?
It took Tesla almost 9 months to set up my "free Supercharging" on a brand new model S. It was even added to my existing Tesla account. Tesla is not a very tech savvy company. They said the need to activate car supercharging manually and they do them in blocks. I eventually removed my credit card from my account to stop the charges and was able to Supercharge anyway and they said they would credit me for what they were charging but they only refunded about half of what they charged. There is still an amount due on my account for the "free Supercharging" that they haven waved :rolleyes:. If I had to realistically estimate I might have spent 8-10 hours emailing and waiting on hold to talk to someone to straighten out the problem. I eventually gave up but hated giving up after wasting so much time. I truly believe they just don’t care about customer service.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
All - just as an update, I purchased a used 2018 LR yesterday from out of state. The original owner performed a factory reset before my trip home, and removed the car from his account during my drive. I did stop once to supercharge near home (no 240V at home yet) and had no issues. Also lifetime premium connectivity which was included with his car has worked yesterday and today. Sent the documentation to Tesla yesterday and waiting for it to be added to my account. But no issues with the supercharging, which was the main concern.
I am buying the car from a BMW dealer in Kansas and need to drive back to Texas...I am worried about dealer does t know the process...r u saying while the paper work being sent to Tesla...I can still use supercharger to drive home?...even if dealer took their account offline

I would like to know the same thing. Planning to buy the car from a Toyota dealer and need the supercharger on the way home. Wondering if I can use the supercharger if I don't have the account at the moment

It also looks like the dealer even don't have a payment method setting up yet
Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 10.00.01 PM.png

I am buying the car from a BMW dealer in Kansas and need to drive back to Texas...I am worried about dealer does t know the process...r u saying while the paper work being sent to Tesla...I can still use supercharger to drive home?...even if dealer took their account offline
I promise you the dealer didn’t add a payment card to the account assuming they even bothered to transfer the car off the old owner’s account.

You’ll have to create or add car to your account and manually add a payment method if it refuses to charge due to payment method.