Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery for a model 3 SR+ and got the 5000 mile referral bonus. I ordered the model 3 prior to the announcement for the 5000 mile referral but took delivery today. It showed up by the time I got home from the service center.
Has the person who's code you used received it yet? When you say showed up, are you talking about in the referral chest on your app?

I've referred several people over the last 2 weeks (some have even taken delivery) and have not received any miles in my account (yes the lootbox in the app).

I've emailed Tesla support (referralprogram), but am expecting delays.

• Informative
Reactions: Matt L
Screenshot_20190501-211930.png

This is what it looked like.

I got one referral delivered before the 5k miles and so I currently have 1k miles free. I think it was about a week from when the person showed up in my app as "ordered" to when it changed to delivered and I got the miles.

My oldest order still waiting was ordered 4/23/2019 and still has not been delivered. I expect it to be 5k miles if delivered before the 28th of May, but we'll see.

I just took delivery for a model 3 SR+ and got the 5000 mile referral bonus. I ordered the model 3 prior to the announcement for the 5000 mile referral but took delivery today. It showed up by the time I got home from the service center.

Good stuff. I was wondering the same thing. I take delivery today, but I used a referral link prior to the 5K bonus and was wondering if I would get the 5K instead of the 1K.

So the old 1000 miles had a longer expiration date. The new 5000 miles has 6 months expiration. But I can no longer find reference to my old 1000 miles expiration. Anyone know if the old 1000 miles will Still expire 1 year after earning?

I got one referral delivered before the 5k miles and so I currently have 1k miles free. I think it was about a week from when the person showed up in my app as "ordered" to when it changed to delivered and I got the miles.

My oldest order still waiting was ordered 4/23/2019 and still has not been delivered. I expect it to be 5k miles if delivered before the 28th of May, but we'll see.
Where do you see that in the app...ordered vs delivered?

Where do you see that in the app...ordered vs delivered?

There is an ordered section, and at the top of mine it shows their names with (4) because I now have 4 orders, then a delivered section and mine shows (1) at the top as I have one delivered, and a canceled section, which shows (0)...let me just add a pic.

Attachments

• 20190503_091411.jpg
    20190503_091411.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 103
Woo! Got one.

Although it says 2 were delivered... I only got the bonus for 1 (image attached... the 638 extra is what I already had remaining from my original purchase bonus)

Strange... but I’m just happy to have one 5,000 credit go through!

Attachments

• A42B713B-52F8-4EE4-9FFD-79EDD2F36822.jpeg
    A42B713B-52F8-4EE4-9FFD-79EDD2F36822.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 1F7021D3-E894-454F-A17F-575B43A1889E.jpeg
    1F7021D3-E894-454F-A17F-575B43A1889E.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 16F960EA-AA11-453C-9C4A-B430BBC67AF7.jpeg
    16F960EA-AA11-453C-9C4A-B430BBC67AF7.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 88
Does it matter? I’m about to be the recipient of the 5000 referral bonus and could care less. Maybe some use the Superchargers so frequently that it’s truly a benefit, but most don’t and it’s rather meaningless. I lost my unlimited SC when I took the $5k “refund” for the PUP on my P3D (basically giving me nothing for that early order) and we hardly ever use it on our unlimited SC Model X.

My view is that Tesla has essentially turned their referral program into a whole pile of nothingness. That’s fine, but I wonder if they’re leaving money on the table by not creating better time pressure incentives for actual buyers.

Does it matter? I’m about to be the recipient of the 5000 referral bonus and could care less. Maybe some use the Superchargers so frequently that it’s truly a benefit, but most don’t and it’s rather meaningless. I lost my unlimited SC when I took the $5k “refund” for the PUP on my P3D (basically giving me nothing for that early order) and we hardly ever use it on our unlimited SC Model X.

My view is that Tesla has essentially turned their referral program into a whole pile of nothingness. That’s fine, but I wonder if they’re leaving money on the table by not creating better time pressure incentives for actual buyers.

Yes

I’m about to drive half way across the country...1000 miles has value

Reactions: PittCaleb
Yes

I’m about to drive half way across the country...1000 miles has value

I live in Dallas and the family is in Houston... we drive down quite often, so that roundtrip supercharging is probably 300-400 miles each time.
I also have a supercharger like 2 miles from my house that I frequent a lot since there's grocery store, coffee shop, restaurants within walking distance.

Depends on each individual person, but there are plenty like me who benefit from these free miles!