Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supporting a second PW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We currently have a single PW2 and gateway 2 installed, which is mounted on a wooden/unistrut structure.

Obviously we can’t stack on this configuration, as you must floor mount stacks. However we also need to keep the PW2 a couple of inches off the ground to make sure heavy rain wouldn’t cause problems.

I know you can mount on a concrete slab, with the lateral support cast in, but we don’t have space to cast the minimum dimensions.

Is is possible and suitable to cast a slab a bit bigger than a 2PW stack, place them on this and use the existing wooden wall to provide the lateral support?

We sadly don’t have space to not mount as a stack, so the other option would be to just not do it.

Thanks in advance.

We currently have a single PW2 and gateway 2 installed, which is mounted on a wooden/unistrut structure.

Obviously we can’t stack on this configuration, as you must floor mount stacks. However we also need to keep the PW2 a couple of inches off the ground to make sure heavy rain wouldn’t cause problems.

I know you can mount on a concrete slab, with the lateral support cast in, but we don’t have space to cast the minimum dimensions.

Is is possible and suitable to cast a slab a bit bigger than a 2PW stack, place them on this and use the existing wooden wall to provide the lateral support?

We sadly don’t have space to not mount as a stack, so the other option would be to just not do it.

Thanks in advance.
Why not just place it on some bricks, and then attach it to the wood to prevent tipping? This is what my installer did in my basement, because they did not want to risk mounting it to a wall and have problems later if they come to find there was a framing problem. It's less risky.

Reactions: Kram_uk
My first Powerwall was wall-mounted with the bottom a couple of inches off the garage floor in case a leak from a nearby tap made the floor wet. A second Powerwall was added last year and placed on some wood of suitable thickness to match the first PW. So far, no problems. In reality the load from a PW is no more than that of a large person.

Reactions: Kram_uk
This document includes details of the concrete pad to cast when you’re raising a PW2 or three as well as dimensions which is supported by a suitable existing wall.

Thought I’d link back for anyone else looking to raise theirs.

Reactions: Matt-FL