Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sure wish Az and Utah could get a couple more chargers to support trips to the National Parks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everglades is probably the easiest one on the list.
Naples Supercharger is within a short drive from the Northwest attractions,
Florida City Supercharger is a few minutes from the Southwest attractions,
The typical routes transiting the area between those two points is US41, with distance between the two Superchargers of 125 miles. because the speeds are low any teal will make that route easily. Many people want to stay in one of more of the diversions within the park and adjoining towns.
Around Naples there are hotels with chargers and in South Miami there are quite a few hotels with chargers also.
Simply stated, there is not much problem in the Everglades at all.
If in extremis in the middle of US41 between Naples and Florida City is the Big Cypress Midway Campgroup that has 10 or so 14-50's. There is often nobody attending and in theory one is meant to pay something. there is no food or other services within 20 miles or so. if you do charge there staying with the car and carrying refreshments is a good idea.
Anybody who chooses to take I-75 across from Naples will probably want to top off at the Plantation Supercharger since speeds on that log straight stretch of I-75 can reach triple digits despite the nominal speed limit. Beware radar especially on the Broward county side.
There are several more Superchargers planned on the Miami side, but none are yet in place.

That is it for the Everglades. no problems.

In my experience the Utah national parks and monuments are already pretty well covered. Another Supercharger Station in either Hanksville or Torrey would help with Capitol Reef, but it can be accessed from the Richfield Supercharger Station now. One in Hanksville would also open up SH 95 from Blanding to Hanksville; it is one of the more remote, scenic, and undeveloped highways in the lower 48. A Supercharger Station in Vernal would open up Dinosaur NM.

Overall, however, most of the parks in Utah are already well covered:

• Arches NP is couple of miles from the Moab Supercharger Station
• Canyonlands NP, Island in the Sky District, is easily accessed from both the Moab and Green River Supercharger Stations
• Canyonlands NP, Needles District, can be accessed from both the Moab and Blanding Supercharger Stations
• Dead Horse Point State Park is easily accessed from both the Moab and Green River Supercharger Stations (the campground also has 14-50 outlets)
• Natural Bridges National Monument is easily accessed from the Blanding Supercharger Station (Natural Bridges NM is the center of the new Bears Ears NM)
• Capitol Reef NP is easily accessed from the Richfield Supercharger Station and larger battery cars can do so from Green River
• Cedar Breaks National Monument
is easily accessed from the Beaver Supercharger Station
• Bryce NP is easily accessed from the Beaver Supercharger Station
• Zion NP is easily accessed from the St George Supercharger Station and can be reached from Beaver with destination charging (the campground has TT-30 outlets and Springdale UT has hotels with HPWC)
Hanksville would open up Lake Powell to everyone from Colorado and Utah. I can get my X 90D from Green River to Bullfrog. Last time it had 0 miles on it when I got there so I am afraid to do it again with battery degradation. I don’t think the Cybertruck can do it pulling a boat - even with 500 mile range. A Hanksville charger makes a lot of sense for both a North-south trip to Glen Canyon National Recreation Area or an East West road trip through the National Parks.