Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surrounding Car Rocognition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, really basic question: I picked up my new Model 3 a few hours ago. I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the settings so that the screen shows images of the cars surrounding my car as I drive. Is that only available as part of Enhanced Auto Pilot (which I don't have)?

Thanks.

It should show up on cars without EAP, but the cameras take some time to calibrate. It also seems to calibrate faster or slower depending on what type of roads you drive on. Mine showed an indicator of calibration progress on the screen. It stayed at about 75% done for quite a while, but once I went on to a road with 2 lanes in the same direction it quickly finished the process.

You have to train it .... As you drive past various car types you need to press the right scroll wheel and tell the car what it is that you're currently passing. So as you drive by a bus you would press the scroll wheel and say "On the right is a bus".

On a more serious note, if you don't have version 9 yet it will show all the vehicles around you as cars, it doesn't differentiate them.