Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Click over bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check for loose stuff in your car. I had a water bottle rolling around that made me think something was broke
I did post a video showing the issue over bumps, its waiting moderator approval, defo not a loose item in the boot, the noise is consistent when going over speed bumps,the noise happens at the exact point you hit the bump and another sound once you leave a bump

Just an update if anyone is interested

Car was booked in to Tesla today, they had a look and replicated the issue so that's a good start, They physically inspected the rear suspension and visually they could not see anything wrong so they going to clean the rear hubs and apply paste to the drive shafts and if that did not solve the issue then new rear shock absorbers for the car.

So they did cleaning, applied the paste, they did a test drive and said they cant hear the noise any more so im like great, on my drive back home and guess what problem is back.

Messaged the SC through the app and they have now created a new SC visit with new rear shocks and link bars, lucky i have 1.5k miles left before base warranty runs out so will be looking at a 3rd party warranty rather than Tesla's extended warranty as that just excludes the big hitting items like suspension

Last edited: