Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension of my newly delivered Y is GOOD (EU made in China)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😂
I will definitely bring the " Tit Jiggle Quotient to SWMBO's attention and devise suitable measuring apparatus.....
.. wait a moment.... I already have two plus EAP.

I heard of a chap who invented a jiggle preventing garment ( not to be confused with the Japanese "Upper Decker Wobble Stopper")
So, the guy announced his invention, the Jiggle Stopper, and was immediatly taken outside a given a good kicking by the males in the audience!
Now then.... back to the serious matter of the Coccyx Cracker, perhaps my advancing years are a factor; when I think of the number of miles I have driven MGBs and then 25 years in a 1972 TR6, ( mostly as my hobby car) not to mention my K bikes, all that with out the slightest concern over suspension or handling ( the TR could be a hand-full),

I guess I just need to suck it up or change her for an S...... never! Or at least not for three years..., if I remain extant and not extinct.

Well maybe I got a bit carried away.
Did another ride; you can feel there is not a ton of travel, hence there are more vertical movements than a GLC etc, but there is really no harshness.
Will keep my order for the MPP comfort coilovers and keep you posted.
I hear that Tesla have used the suspension mods to void the warranty on non suspension issues if the problem may , might, possibly, could have, who the F knows, is tenuously connected with the neighbourhood of the suspension.

😂
I will definitely bring the " Tit Jiggle Quotient to SWMBO's attention and devise suitable measuring apparatus.....
.. wait a moment.... I already have two plus EAP.

I heard of a chap who invented a jiggle preventing garment ( not to be confused with the Japanese "Upper Decker Wobble Stopper")
So, the guy announced his invention, the Jiggle Stopper, and was immediatly taken outside a given a good kicking by the males in the audience!
I only plumped for Autopilot, as SWMBO is, sadly, not enhanced.

Reactions: Wattsisname
If so, then my Y LR on Geminis delivered 30 June 2022 must have been old stock suspension.

Nevertheless, my love for Lizzie is not diluted by her occasional coccyx crushing tendency.
Might I suggest you try to locate an “old” demo vehicle and drive that for comparison?

The suspension in the demo I drove was a coccyx crusher for sure, whereas my Q2 MY is a totally different beast - much more compliant.

I even went back to re-drive the tester side by side with my own MY and again they felt like two different vehicles completely.

Do you have a source for that info with more specifics? What warranty claim / issue was denied?
Yes, Ryan Shaw, who makes regular and very informative videos on Tesla both as an information aggregator and from his own experiences of owning a 3, a Y and an S Plaid. I think that the issue is referred to in one of his lastest couple or three videos. Or, could open any of them and ask the question. He is very responsive and helpful.

Yes, Ryan Shaw, who makes regular and very informative videos on Tesla both as an information aggregator and from his own experiences of owning a 3, a Y and an S Plaid. I think that the issue is referred to in one of his lastest couple or three videos. Or, could open any of them and ask the question. He is very responsive and helpful.
PS Ryan Shaw is not a Tesla Fanboy and does not shy away from pointing out where they are wanting. As a general EV enthusiast, he gives fair and unbiased updates on the progress of the competitors.