Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW PA to MI and back in cold weather in a 2014 Model P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy New Year!

Left Christmas Day from SW PA and stopped 3 times due to the cold making the car less efficient and the dog having some issues. Found that charging is a fair bit cheaper in PA than OH which was surprising.
Chargers at North Huntingdon(Irwin), PA, Twinsburg and Genoa OH all were able to charge successfully and had spots available.
There were far more people charging on Christmas than I would have thought, but I never had to wait for a spot. Twinsburg, OH location at a Sheetz had a couple of wonky chargers that I was warned not to try buy a fellow owner as I pulled in. Other spots worked just fine.

Very happy with the quality of the Superchargers and the trip as a whole. The in-car entertainment sure helps the miles go by and I really appreciate having the MCU2 upgrade with LTE.

Aside from the issue with my dog's health, no events to speak of. This was my 1st road trip other than bringing the car home in October and the weather was about 50 degrees colder. Wasn't sure what to expect as far as range in the cold, on the highway, but it came to about 170 miles or so. Not bad for a car with 88,000 miles and 230 range when fully charged in decent weather.