Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping Stationary 2nd Row Seats to Folding Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done it before? Have the wiring harnesses or brackets changed at all?

I am looking to buy a Model X asap. I am seeing a ton of deals out there but none that have been quite right for me yet. I must have folding 2nd row seats so I am wondering if anyone has swapped the stationary seats on the 2016 with folding seats from a 2017+.

Thanks!

Has anyone done it before? Have the wiring harnesses or brackets changed at all?

I am looking to buy a Model X asap. I am seeing a ton of deals out there but none that have been quite right for me yet. I must have folding 2nd row seats so I am wondering if anyone has swapped the stationary seats on the 2016 with folding seats from a 2017+.

Thanks!

I just took delivery of a 2017 MX fold flat 7 seater. If looking on ev-CPO, looking for the specific rear seat code will help in your search, but the fold flat 7-seats were not released until July/Aug 2017. The seats are also not interchangeable as the floor layout is different, mechanical 7-seat 60/40 split fold-flat vs electric 6/7with (I think) equidistant stands

My dream was to get a free supercharging 2017 with 7-seat fold flat but I don’t think any exist. But at least all the fold flat 7’s are AP2.0(+)

Reactions: jimbo69ny