Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sweden Vs. Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah , I hope so, I think the car is very good in other ways! And I think Elon Musk is an visionary ,but have my concerns about some unfinished matters. I want a product that works well and that don't cause a lot of extra time getting fixed..

As for all you other seemingly fragile and easily offended souls that have commented about me pointing out weaknesses and reporting about problems a lot of foreign tesla s owners experience ... Get a life please, keep the bullying and harassing to yourself... You know the saying that " how you label others says more about you than the one you label" , gosh I now labeled you... But still if you still feel frustrated on me pointing to problems occurring under harsh conditions as in Norway .. Please , don't read my posts..

It seems you guys fight wars all the time without ever really knowing why...
It's time to cut down on the testosterone and start cuddling .... :)

As a Swede i should invent some norweigan jokes about the wipers and the electricity net in norway... ;-) (for you outsiders Sweden and norway love to make jokes about eachother). Oh and we are picky about our cars and tend to moan. i start to feel like a troll/moaner during the long wait for the car. Februari/march i will probably go silent as i have my car. ;-) Hmmm... this is a bit like Ior from Winne the poh ordering a Tesla? ;-)

As a Swede i should invent some norweigan jokes about the wipers and the electricity net in norway... ;-) (for you outsiders Sweden and norway love to make jokes about eachother). Oh and we are picky about our cars and tend to moan. i start to feel like a troll/moaner during the long wait for the car. Februari/march i will probably go silent as i have my car. ;-) Hmmm... this is a bit like Ior from Winne the poh ordering a Tesla? ;-)

hvorfor har svenskene vindusviskere(windshieldwipers) på innsiden av bilruta?

svar: fordi de sier "brrrrrrrrrm!" mens de kjører elbil ...

:)

hvorfor har svenskene vindusviskere(windshieldwipers) på innsiden av bilruta?

svar: fordi de sier "brrrrrrrrrm!" mens de kjører elbil ...

:)

The google translate version probably missed something, because it clearly lost the humor somewhere ... (surely you're not still going on about something that is already fixed, right?):

Why do Swedes wipers want to be inside the car windows?
answer: because they say "brrrrrrrrrm!" while they are driving electric vehicle ...
Or is this part of your 'on topic' crusade?

The google translate version probably missed something, because it clearly lost the humor somewhere ... (surely you're not still going on about something that is already fixed, right?):

Or is this part of your 'on topic' crusade?

this is an answer to the swede about the two countries benignant jokes about each other for centuries.. .. There's like a sister/brother hate / love connection between the two neighboring countries where each have jokes about each other...

If you read the post from hybris further up.. This was just a funny norwegian joke involving windshield wipers and swedes .. But if you ask a swede they have the same joke about Norwegians ... Just to clarify ..

To break this down to basic .... When children play with cars and mimic the engine sound and go brrrrrrmmmmm with the tongue between the lips they tend to spit a lot of saliva... Which in this case hits the inside of the windshield and thus the need for the wipers on the inside of the windshield.... Voila..

Last edited:
"Do you know what smart people in Norway are called?", "Tourists!"

"Do you know why Jesus was not born in Norway?", "Impossible to find three wise men"

"Do you know an easy way to sink a Norweigan submarine?", "Swim down an nock on the hatch"

etc... Not sure they are funny but its the typical "Norweigan jokes" in sweden. To be fair not so much jokes nowdays. Sweden just to be the big brother but norway is far richer due to the oil. ;-) off topic for sure...

I hope my wipers will not break. Assume they will be fine as long as no norweigan touch them ;-)

My great grandfather was Finnish, and apparently had lots to share about life in Scandinavia. Three generations of U.S. culture later, though, the exact memories and jokes have all been forgotten, save for one bare thread of advice that just will not go away... "The Norwegians are crazy."

My Dad used to say, "A thousand Swedes crawled through the weeds in the battle of Copenhagen". I never found out any more about it though.
Guessing it's one of these 12 (!) wars:

Dano-Swedish war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't know which one though. Some Danish and Swedish de facto dictators or 'kings' (or 'queens' (?)) as they were referred to[SUP]1[/SUP] finally wizened up enough somewhere around 1814.

this is an answer to the swede about the two countries benignant jokes about each other for centuries.. .. There's like a sister/brother hate / love connection between the two neighboring countries where each have jokes about each other... /…

And unfortunately there was a time ~200 years ago when it was 'a lot more serious' than that. The last war Sweden (hopefully ever) started was against Norway in 1814…

List of wars involving Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[SUP]1[/SUP]And as difficult as it is to comprehend, in Sweden we still have a dude that’s referred to as a ‘king’ (!). And he has three kids who in turn are referred to as ‘crown princess’ (!), ‘prince’ (!), and ‘princess’ (!)… And every year this dude, who is absolutely loaded in the first place, get’s his annual welfare grant of a whopping ~18,5$ million (!) But of course that’s not what it’s called. Instead it’s called an ‘appanage’ (!)

[ Now where’s the little yellow guy doing a facepalm? ]

Update:

And if anyone’s interested, here’s a little something about what the dude in question has been up to through the years:

Swedes in shock at King Carl Gustaf sex scandal - Telegraph

Last edited:

A small vocabulary to go along with that YouTube video:

friskvårdsbidraget ~ the preventive care/keeping fit activities allowence. See more here (google translate for non-swedish speakers): Friskvårdsbidrag från arbetsgivaren | Unionen

bidrag ~ allowance

And the text in Swedish at the end, after the “Like a Swede” song translates into:

A thanks to

All employers’ and employees' organizations/unions that agree on the best terms and conditions on the Swedish labor market. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Become a sponsor for the Swedish part model at Like a Swede. It’s 99,9% free of charge.

And finally the logos of all the unions that are part of TCO. And that acronym stands for:

The Swedish Confederation for Professional Employees, [that] comprises 14 affiliated trade unions. The 1.2 million members of these unions are professional and qualified employees who share a major responsibility for important functions in society, although in a wide variety of occupations. They work in all parts of the labour market, for example in the schools, healthcare, trade, the media, the police, industry, IT and telecom. Over 60 percent of the members are women. Approximately half of the members work in the private sector and half in the public sector.

This is TCO | TCO

Last edited: