Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switch from TeslaMate to Tessie

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I'm using TeslaMate from several months. I installed it on Qnap Nas. For strange reason, TeslaMate has lost the login, I cannon login again with username and password, or with API..

I don't know why, so I'm thinking to go with Tessie. There's a way to export data from TeslaMate and import in Tessie? It will be disappointing to lose all data gathered in last months.

Thank you ❤️

I haven't found a way to migrate the data over. Although this original post was almost a year ago, perhaps someone else has a question regarding the Teslamate login issue. I suspect the Teslamate login issue was either due to not having the right volumes mounted to save the persistent data (containers do not typically preserve data past destruction unless that data resides on a volume), or perhaps you changed your Tesla password, which will log out all applications that were using your old password.

If it was the former, then the data is probably lost. Teslamate has some backup and restore options Backup and Restore | TeslaMate. You can try backing up your data and examining the SQL file to see if the data is present. That'll at least tell you if the data was irreparably lost. If the data is there, you can probably log into the database, remove the entries in the SQL file related to your login session, then import the drives, charges, etc.

Reactions: AmphySuperTram
Hi guys, I'm using TeslaMate from several months. I installed it on Qnap Nas. For strange reason, TeslaMate has lost the login, I cannon login again with username and password, or with API..

I don't know why, so I'm thinking to go with Tessie. There's a way to export data from TeslaMate and import in Tessie? It will be disappointing to lose all data gathered in last months.

Thank you ❤️
I am unsure if you still need this, but there is a way to export data from TeslaMate and import it into Tessie here: Import from TeslaMate - Help Center - Tessie

Edit: I've noticed over the past couple of months Teslamate is missing a bunch of data for drives and charges. I tried updating Teslamate, Grafana, Docker, and Postgres but none of it worked. I noticed my Pi would randomly not allow me to ssh into it without unplugging/replugging it, so assumed it was an issue with my spotty Wifi and I was just going to have to deal with it. I even tried backing up and restoring my Teslamate data but the same data would be missing. I just started using Tessie yesterday and imported my Teslamate data, and wouldn't you know it, all my missing data is in Tessie so it must be some issue with Teslamate.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro