Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching between cash vs Navy Fed financing for transported used MY on delivery day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR: Is it easier to switch from cash pay to financing or vice versa on delivery day?

Got a somewhat complex situation- last Wednesday I found and ordered on tesla.com a 22 MYLR with options at a price that seemed pretty great to me but I want to pay with cash that is supposed to be deposited by this Wednesday (bank holiday). The MY is being transported, and was told on Saturday the ETA is also Wednesday. Tesla said I need to schedule delivery by today or else I will lose the car so I scheduled for Wednesday. As a back up option for delivery day, I got preapproval from Navy Fed for a loan, which I would pay off after the cash clears. My dilemma is my cash might not be available by delivery day, so should I keep my option in the app as paying cash or should I change to financing? Which option is easier to change on delivery day, if any? Navy Fed only gives me a check to bring to Tesla, no ACH/wire transfers. Or, what are my chances of being able to reschedule delivery until my cash is available? Tesla says I have 3 days to take delivery after the car is available, and although I know I agreed to it when ordering, seems unreasonable. I realize just doing the loan at delivery no matter what is easier but I want to avoid taking out the loan unless I have to.

Tesla knows how to process navy federal bank checks. I paid with a navy federal bank check (loan) for both my 2018 model 3 and my wifes 2022 Model Y.

I would think that you would also be able to re schedule your wednesday delivery to thursday, if you contact them Wednesday morning and say something simple like "I apologize, I have a personal emergency I have to take care of, I need to take delivery of the car tomorrow or friday."