Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

System crashes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Got my model 3 LR a couple of weeks back and have been thoroughly enjoying it with no issues.

Since upgrading to 2020.20.12 last week I have experienced a few frozen screens. Probably around 4 or 5 times.

SWMBO particularly enjoys playing fallout shelter and most of the crashes have happened whilst playing or shortly after.

The screen goes black and the air con switches to full and requires a reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if its a software update bug or whether its an overheating issue.

Thanks

2020.20.12 seems really buggy, I've had black screen issues, wing mirrors not unfolding and charging issues. Hopefully they'll resolve most of these in the next update to 2020.24.X that seems to be in testing now.

As with phone software updates is it wise to delay updating the car for a few weeks after available just so they have some time to correct any issues? Or do you have no choice - the car does the update regardless.

Since installing 2020.20.12 a few weeks back the car has suffered phantom losses of between 3 and 4% every 24 hours every 24 hours even when unused in the garage with sentry off. Since new the car has never lost more than 1% per day. I have raised a service request but as the service centre is over 100 miles away I hope for a remote fix as it is clearly a software bug. Maybe 2020.24.x will fix it (says he optimistically!)