Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T-Mobile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an issue with T-Mobile coverage? I recently took a trip Tampa- Greenville SC - Myrtle Beach - New Smyrna Beach - Tampa all on interstate or major roads and I probably lost signal 15-20 times. Once I was probably 10-20 miles outside of Atlanta, on I-85 ! At first I was annoyed , thinking if I needed assistance from a breakdown / flat tire that I would be stuck ,then I realized I could always call Tesla, as AT&T had 3-4 bars
Has anyone else had this occur?

You are asking about your cell phone or your Model 3? if you are talking about your Tesla (which uses AT&T) then there may be some problem with the antenna or receiver since there there is nowhere around Atlanta I can't get service other than places like in underground parking decks.

If you are talking about your cell phone then I live in Atlanta and use T-Mobile on my iPhone and never have a drop. So if you are asking about your cell phone having a problem you should probably pick a forum for your brand of phone.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Very, very odd choice for where to post about your cell phone... But... T-Mobile is a pretty good case of you get what you pay for. It's a lot cheaper than Verizon/ATT, but once you leave urban areas you see why. I keep meaning to swap to a different carrier because when my internet or power goes out at home, my cell phone is unusable.

Currently all Tesla's use AT&T as the cell service provider for streaming purposes but I don’t believe you can use it to call Tesla Roadside assistance. You need to use your own phone for that as it’s not like OnStar. I’d love to be corrected but that’s the way I understand it.