Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am considering purchasing with the 20inch TSS tires from T-Sportline because they offer all season tires vs just summer tires that the TSSF offers. However my concern is the back tires come in the same size as the front tires when the back tires typically are an inch larger in the back. Should this be a concern or is it no big deal?

For the 20 inch all season TSS they are:
  • Size: 20x10" Front & Rear
For the 20 inch summer tires TSSF they are:
  • Size: 20x10" Front, 20x11" Rear

Any input on if this would harm anything by having smaller rear tires than how they are supposed to be from the base factory wheels would be much appreciated.

Shouldn't be a big deal. Staggered is typically better for performance as the majority of power comes from the rear wheels. I have a squared setup on my 75D and actually prefer it. Makes tire rotations easier and provides longer tread life. With AWD vehicles, having a staggered setup isn't as important as rear wheel drive. All the Audis I owned previous to the Model S were all squared setups as well.

Upvote 0
Shouldn't be a big deal. Staggered is typically better for performance as the majority of power comes from the rear wheels. I have a squared setup on my 75D and actually prefer it. Makes tire rotations easier and provides longer tread life. With AWD vehicles, having a staggered setup isn't as important as rear wheel drive. All the Audis I owned previous to the Model S were all squared setups as well.
Thank you so much! That’s what I figured but didn’t want to assume, appreciate it!

Upvote 0
So I am considering purchasing with the 20inch TSS tires from T-Sportline because they offer all season tires vs just summer tires that the TSSF offers. However my concern is the back tires come in the same size as the front tires when the back tires typically are an inch larger in the back. Should this be a concern or is it no big deal?

Any input on if this would harm anything by having smaller rear tires than how they are supposed to be from the base factory wheels would be much appreciated.
1. Get the wheels you want.

2. Get the tires you want.

They don’t necessarily have to come from the same place.

Btw your location is Iowa? Sounds like you’d benefit from running separate sets for summer and winter use rather than AS.

Upvote 0
1. Get the wheels you want.

2. Get the tires you want.

They don’t necessarily have to come from the same place.

Btw your location is Iowa? Sounds like you’d benefit from running separate sets for summer and winter use rather than AS.
Your honestly right on this. I can always keep the base 19 wheels it comes with and just rotate those for winter time (although not “winter” tires) it would be better than nothing.

I ordered my model S at the beginning of April and had my window pushed 5 times as I have gotten to it. As of now it’s Jan 20th - Feb 13th. So probably don’t really have much of the “winter” issue to worry about this year.

The wait has felt like FOREVER 😂

Upvote 0

JazzyJeff, Considering the same set-up for my 2022 S LR due in next week. How do you like the square set-up. Any pics you can share? Thanks!

Upvote 0