Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC Tweet retweet/like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst various work arounds have been suggested to reduce the potential for drivers to inadvertently exceed a speed limit when they engage TACC, all require additional driver input in order to maintain safety or comply with the law. Adjusting speed control settings on the screen every time TACC is used isn't that great a solution, IMHO, neither is quickly winding the speed down with the scroll wheel every time. My view is that the car should always, without exception, default to behaviour that is both safe and that remains within the law. It's not acceptable, IMHO, to have as the default operating state one that may cause the driver to inadvertently exceed a speed limit.

For the minority (and so far it seems only two here want the car to behave as it does at the moment) then perhaps there could be an option to have TACC default to the maximum allowable speed, plus or minus any set offset, whenever it is engaged, but I believe there is an urgent need to have a default setting option that makes TACC behave like every other car that has some form of cruise control, which is to maintain the speed at which it is engaged, unless the driver specifically requests a speed change.
I’d like to be proved wrong but with the advent of speed sign recognition, the last speed seen seems to stay in place until a fresh one is seen and replaces it. It’s a pain if the first limit is higher but it can be overridden. With a lower speed, it can’t be done. You just have to drive on manual until a fresh correct limit shows up. That bears out the need for proper implementation of TACC at current speed.

Reactions: Glan gluaisne