Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Take me home"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model S for 2.5 months. I was trained by my sales adviser to use the voice command "Take me home" to navigate home. Works like a champ. Until update 2020.48.30 -- now "Take me home" brings up a map of all the businesses that have the word "home" in them.

Didn't take me too long to figure out I just have to say "Drive home" instead. But I find it mildly annoying to have to re-learn how to do something that has always worked. This is one of the downsides of OTA updates (that, and, you know, the font suddenly shrinks and information moves from one side of the dashboard to another for no apparent reason).

The software update made it so that you could just say the destination without any verb prefix. I don't know if it would work with home, but you could try it.

It might be easier to just swipe the navigation bar toward the right to navigate home. It tries to be smart by navigating to work in the morning. I had to remove the work entry during WFH.

• Helpful
Reactions: COS Blue