Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery at Service Center When Raining?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at the extended weather forecast for next weekend when I am scheduled to pick up my MY at local SC, and it has changed from sunny to T&L and rain. Obviously that can change a dozen times before then, after all it is a forecast 1 week out. But just in case it is actually raining with T&L at my scheduled time, do they move the delivery inside? Do they do touchless deliveries inside now? Anybody have this happen to them?

I just want a decent opportunity to inspect without worrying about getting the car too wet inside or being hurried and not able to see any potential issues. I could try and do that in my garage at home, but I'd rather inspect at the SC if possible in case there is some reason for a refusal. Just planning ahead in case I have to deal with a rainy day. I assume it will be inside if raining, just checking with others to see if that is the case given the current touchless, social distancing thing. Thx.

I am looking at the extended weather forecast for next weekend when I am scheduled to pick up my MY at local SC, and it has changed from sunny to T&L and rain. Obviously that can change a dozen times before then, after all it is a forecast 1 week out. But just in case it is actually raining with T&L at my scheduled time, do they move the delivery inside? Do they do touchless deliveries inside now? Anybody have this happen to them?

I just want a decent opportunity to inspect without worrying about getting the car too wet inside or being hurried and not able to see any potential issues. I could try and do that in my garage at home, but I'd rather inspect at the SC if possible in case there is some reason for a refusal. Just planning ahead in case I have to deal with a rainy day. I assume it will be inside if raining, just checking with others to see if that is the case given the current touchless, social distancing thing. Thx.
There is this amazing new invention called an umbrella which may work out well for a situation like this.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Kelr316 and frankvb
There have been posts reporting swirls in the paint on these MYs. After a week of transport via train and/or truck, not to mention how long they sit outside waiting, they need to be cleaned up prior to delivery. How they clean will vary with location. Get some inexperienced person washing these, and the finish can be damaged, requiring a trip to a detailer to correct.

I took delivery in the rain at the Atlanta-Decatur Tesla Store last year. The delivery was not moved inside. I inspected the car in the rain with my checklist just as I would have had it been sunny with no rain. They were able to fix a number of issues on the spot. There were a few issues that had to be addressed later via the Mobile Service. If rain is in the forecast, I suggest bringing an umbrella, parka and be prepared to adapt and overcome.