Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking home a Christmas tree

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about a month ahead, wondering how I can easily bring back a 6-7’ Christmas tree on my Y. I have the factory rails but there are no tie downs. Anyone able to successfully do this last year? Or are some aftermarket tie downs available?

I have the factory rails but there are no tie downs. Anyone able to successfully do this last year? Or are some aftermarket tie downs available?
When I ned to carry a long item, I use some some tie down anchor straps,
that I insert into the frunk and the rear hatch,
to keep the load tight and not bouncing when hitting a bump.

I have a set of four ratchet tie down straps to keep everything secured.
I use two of them to hold my spare tire in the trunk, so I have two left.
But a rope should be just fine.

I would certainly use a tarp to avoid any scraches of the paint.

Upvote 0
Thinking about a month ahead, wondering how I can easily bring back a 6-7’ Christmas tree on my Y. I have the factory rails but there are no tie downs. Anyone able to successfully do this last year? Or are some aftermarket tie downs available?
I was wondering how this would work too! Ended up buying a 7 ft tree and tied it to the roof of my Model 3, cracked open the windows a little and put the rope through the windows. Was pretty easy and probably could have gotten a bigger tree and been fine.

Upvote 0
I have the factory trailer hitch for my Y. Yesterday I uncovered it for the first time and installed a trailer hitch basket for a ride to the farmer's market to pick out a tree. It worked great and no pine needles to vacuum up or sap on the roof/roof racks.

Attachments

• 3C2F2010-0463-4F03-9108-83AB15B6A6DA.jpeg
    3C2F2010-0463-4F03-9108-83AB15B6A6DA.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0