Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Talk me into 100A wiring vs 50A wiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now for my on topic reply... as long as you have a connector for each car so that you can charge overnight without any musical car jumbo jumbo, you should be good. 30-40A@240V is more than plenty if you don't ever need a quick turnaround. Especially if you have a supercharger or Chademo locally. Right now I have 60A of load with two 50A circuits (wiring, not breakers) to share between a Model X and a Leaf. The Model X I charge at 32A (Canadian 14-50 adapter!), and the Leaf I have a 16A EVSE that plugs into a 10-30 outlet. It's not immediately apparent, but I'm within ,y load limitation. As soon as I can get a Tesla to J1772 adapter, I'll switch out for wall connectors sharing 50A (can't do 60 cause the end circuits are only 50A). We're in the planning stages of a new home, and I'll probably do 100A shared between two wall connectors, with a sub panel close so that I can easily add a third wall connector into the mix when my kids start to drive, and I get them a cheap used Leaf or something. 100A between three cars isn't really tons, but the sharing aspect makes it doable without having outrageous electric service.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H