Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tasker plugin is awesome!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just used the Tesla plugin for Tasker to create widgets to do everything I'd like, including starting the HVAC, opening the trunk and frunk, lowering the windows, etc.

I also set up a task to start my HVAC and seat heater at 6:30a on weekdays, for when I eventually start going into the office again.

Very convenient!

Agreed - love it!! Here is a screenshot with all of the widgets I created. The climate button turns on the climate control and sets the temperature to 70 degrees. The status button tells me the current battery %, remaining range in miles and temperature inside the car. The horn button flashes the lights and, surprise surprise, honks the horn!
zHtJ7vnRjNGiydskRQ7zzZ54utPVc8VQmphphXA4VQyzET5V5XaY5Lrg_2WlIA-sBA2zM_77t5oGYNXq0Exs94iQFNxinIg_c0wegKkN-JgLx5npL2SM6WdKLwuribHWUREvgY6EalBwlF0JZc6F6hIGGPB_2onqFWCusOuvBZOkpXRqEC_NLiLbDua43wwdCiN2qspJLfgOCHyvUIt1Wque-ui_hlwmbqroe6Yn6ccYDK4CTlceKXtI3pHa_C4fDHf5IMbR2b455Ur2Pp3LeYloLuQngbzumOjiOoLfS8H1v6WaSoDu9T4cXWRbpTcmHeaZ_N9qlWjoNPbh5Gr17TP77dpVme3s8bT5jlBd7OPSKzYscszZvL23TDGMXnzikEoVvvJ7VFCJOAol78Mkgmnnd92t2QOZvK8W_ybwc0kG9D75DlHGkQYH7hTiuiYRHPdm4LIDEU0zqtpjhr81t1c71QeTxjcbE9xdvNMvbyNpRLsT6gUwgOzR-yk0XCQI7hhVIvI0_lQ3IcyVVoDU-3CKp6QdkCLdOyCKpuLvwwC7_zHPYlvtVCXJsfgn3_vjGuSs6-do2v960zWjKBordxHmtxmUuXkzA2xy3yJE-GxjUC70kyX5thmM3M9pxlk_TOVTgGM1L7yUzJulPWmzCJA2mTa-OoBZiHCXWMBCgvyN_qx_CzHOkrtZZpcnSyU=w730-h1540-no

This just creates widgets that don't require you to open the app. When your hands are full and you want to open your frunk, it's a lot easier with a widget.

@HeyEph good example. Though, wouldn't it have been even nicer if Tesla had included the ability to open the hatch trunk with your foot when your hands are full? This seems to be a fairly common SUV/crossover vehicle feature.

Reactions: HeyEph
You can do some really cool things with Tasker. Back in the days when I used to commute, I had it set so it would automatically turn on climate when I got to the station before mine (using phone location), so it was nice and warm by the time I got off the train and to my car. It would also check my car was actually at the station before activating climate, just in case my wife took my car that day.

Agreed, yes these 3rd party apps provide convenience but never know what they do with the data, aka Facebook. Especially with Tesla having a constant connection to the internet. It just opens doors for hacks.

Now if Tesla rolls out multifactor authentication then that should help minimize the risk exposure. I still don't trust autopilot yet so definitely not trusting 3rd party.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Just used the Tesla plugin for Tasker to create widgets to do everything I'd like, including starting the HVAC, opening the trunk and frunk, lowering the windows, etc.

I also set up a task to start my HVAC and seat heater at 6:30a on weekdays, for when I eventually start going into the office again.

Very convenient!

Hi, I do have Tasker and just got this plugin. I used tasker in the past but I am a bit rusted. Do you have a link for a tutorial for this plugin, or do you mind to share some basic instructions?

Thanks

EDIT, Ok I managed, very cool. Unfortunately it seems that AutoVoice and Google Assistant doe not work now, hope soon for a fix.

Other thing I do not understand. I made an action GET ALL STATES, but when I start the action, where does all the parameter go??

Last edited: