Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teaser photo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The teaser photo looks much more curvaceous and less angular compared with the X6. You also have to wonder about the 3rd row . . . I have always been banking on the idea that the third row would have ample headroom since Franz is 6' 5".

I highly doubt it will be your traditional boxy Pathfinder-like rear. It can't be boxy for aerodynamic purposes.

I'd honestly never really taken a hard look @ the X6 (not being a BMW fan), but it would explain the long sloped roof a bit:

BMW-X6-Performance-2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_HIjVnAWq69ZKCPPjSmYSRFVugOkwBuV639SXjaJyJ6_mynkjwhHljbnCpA.jpg

I agree...I too dislike to X6.

The Range Rover Evoque is atrocious. Don't these people have dogs??

A friend just stopped by in an Evoque (not his). He really liked it a lot -- for an SUV. Personally I'm not too fond of the high "shoulder line" (where the windows look as if they're 4" high). Style-wise I think the Evoque is not a bad shot, but I have high(er) hopes for Franz's SUV.

And no, my friend indeed does not have a dog! ;-)

I for one, am very excited about it, and I feel pretty confident it will look good. The round shapes we see is nice and there is some resemblance to the S, but it might not be for everyone, Im usually very open to new ideas and interesting solutions as long as they make sense.

After all this vehicle of transportation has been Musked, Straubeld and Franzified :smile:

The sloped roof makes me worried about passenger space (esp. third row and rear head room; rear head room is basically the only metric where the Model S is kind of behind the curve).

I guess we'll see soon!

I'm hoping it's a big hit just for Tesla's sake. Crossover/Mini-Suv cars are popular, though one of the big points with SUVs was room compared to sedans, but the Model S has a lot of room, so I'm curious what else the X will have as a selling point since room isn't a big gain over the S. Disclaimer: I dislike SUV's, so my perspective isn't coming from one of a innate enthusiasm so my interest is mostly just that of a Tesla supporter.

Last edited: